IGNORED

Mad Max: Fury Road

Rubin Farr

Wow you guys like explosions too? Heh, I don't see the appeal, it's too fantasy/video-game like, the first is my favorite because it's wild but still grounded and the road chases were badass.

2pac's California Love looks better than this.

Just because Michael Bay sucks doesn't mean explosions can't still be badass.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is a little strange though that this movie started production in 2009 and almost all reports from the set about the action talked about how dangerous and classic the whole situation was, tons of practical effects, real car crashes, etc. Watching both of these trailers its not entirely evident how 'practical' the action is, maybe its just the overly saturated coloring but i see a lot of Bayisms that I wasn't expecting to see

I think any concerns will be put to rest when viewing the actual film and noticing the lack of .5 second micro edits that make it impossible to follow what's actually happening. They obviously want to highlight the most blockbuster-ish parts of the movie in the trailer to try to draw in that modern young Bay crowd.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

there should be a movie called mad shaqs where mel giblons is walking around the desert & a bunch of shaqs appear all like OKAY BOY YOU BEST BE READY TO GET BUSY FUTURE-AUSTRALIA STYLE

• 2 weeks later...

there should be a movie called mad shaqs where mel giblons is walking around the desert & a bunch of shaqs appear all like OKAY BOY YOU BEST BE READY TO GET BUSY FUTURE-AUSTRALIA STYLE

This would be good. "Our only defense in these chaotic times is basketball and shaq fu." Then out from nowhere comes a voice: "...And gymnastics." And then Mel Gibson and Shaq look over, and it's the dude from Gymkata.

It's nice to know that in a distopian wasteland that ladies find the time to keep up their skincare, dye their hair, trim their eyebrows, and get on some makeup before their long days of being wenches and slaves.

I'm just confused about the story, has Max been recast? Is it Max Jr.? Is it a reboot? Mel is still a good screen presence, it would be a shame to see him written out of continuity.

It's either going to be a return to form for post apocalyptic films, or just a bunch of cool looking images with thin plot and emotion (a.k.a. another Prometheus)

It is set after Mad Max but before Mad Max 2. So not a reboot but a kind of filling in of some of the storyline. Apparently.

Archived