IGNORED

Where is the SAW 2 vinyl reissue?

petina

seriously, the only time saw 2 has been reissued was an unofficial (?) 2012 pressing which was pressed from cd to vinyl, meaning it was missing the two tracks. have warp really not said anything about this?

Guest bitroast

i see the 1972 bootlegs(??) everywhere over here. independent stores stock it & more established stores all stock it (+come to daddy, rdj album, etc).

i was gonna say, i was really hoping warp would announce it alongside the RDJ album and ICBYD represses in 2012 but seeing as we got the 1972 pressing instead i hope warp doesn't just feel like that's acceptable and now they don't have to do it themselves

but seeing as we got the 1972 pressing instead i hope warp doesn't just feel like that's acceptable and now they don't have to do it themselves

Less "acceptable" and more "pointless" since there is now no shortage of the album on vinyl and therefore significantly less demand.

There was a Dutch podcast show called 'Beneden NAP' that had an Aphex Twin special a while ago, they announced that Warp was about to reissue alot of the Aphex stuff. I asked them what that was about, they told me they already rereleased SAW II on vinyl (+ ICBYD & RDJ Album), with more on the way. When I told them that was a substandard bootleg, they flatout refused to believe me. Not very credible but they received the info through Rush Hour, that's a bít more trustworthy. Now Aphex has mentioned it as well it seems plausible in the near future: a SAW II reissue (together with Surfing On Sine Waves) should be mandatory then, that bootleg is nowhere up to standards (ugly font on artwork + missing tracks + pressed from CD masters).

I always thought the 1972 was a legit licensed reissue rather than a bootleg.

Nah, not at all. They pressed ICBYD + RDJ Album from crappy CD masters as well, but Warp immediately stepped up and reissued them properly to beat the boot. I was hoping they'd do the same for SAW II, but alas...

Just read the comments on here: http://www.discogs.com/label/283751-1972

We need more reissues like this monstrosity -

R-3370762-1328001991.jpeg

lol, I still saw that one a few weeks ago in a shop in Amsterdam. It should have come in a glossy sleeve with glitters on it as well.

Unless I've got my wires crossed, sometimes I do think Herr Jan is the mdg of the Aphex Twin forum :happy:

I'd reserve that spot for Joyrex himself :happy:

bratfordlad - February 10, 2013
Yeah that's why Warp quickly repressed RDJLP and 'I Care...' by Aphex last Autumn when the 1972 bootlegs (cos they are fucking bootlegs, please, somebody from one of these crooked Warners spin-off/licenced-out-to labels tell us in all sincerity that their entire catalogue isn't one big cynical scam to cash in on people who missed the boat first time round and can nary afford the price tags of the originals) were announced. Plain, 4MWB and these horrible sneaky gits...criminal! AVOID! The artists see nothing which makes me even angrier.

Guest 2257AD

if info of new reissues is coming through rush hour, it is definitely credible.. they are one of the biggest (if not the biggest???) distro in the EU - they'll find out about this sorta stuff long before it'll even be displayed on their distribution site - exciting!

after all, it makes sense if a new LP/EP is imminent.

if info of new reissues is coming through rush hour, it is definitely credible.. they are one of the biggest (if not the biggest???) distro in the EU - they'll find out about this sorta stuff long before it'll even be displayed on their distribution site - exciting!

after all, it makes sense if a new LP/EP is imminent.

Well, I was told that by those radioshow makers that Rush Hour told them that Warp told Rush Hour about the reissues :emotawesomepm9: So, let's see how credible that is. All we can do is wait :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived