IGNORED

Primus & the Chocolate Factory (with the Fungi Ensemble)

Primus sucks indeed! Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory is one of my all-time favorite films, and hugely formative for me artistically, so I am incredibly excite for this. :D :D :D

Guest Deco Balcony

Haha I was unaware (obviously) of that slogan - proper good.

Having only seshed a few of their albums I can't say I know them massively well but I'll make a mental note to check more out

They've posted a song from it on soundcloud, and apparently the whole album is them doing covers of songs from the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie... also, 5 golden tickets will be inserted into 5 random vinyls... chocolate bars will be manufactured... good stuff.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6193446/primus-willy-wonka-chocolate-factory-tour-2014-les-claypool-fungi-ensemble

i don't see the point of that clip that they posted. It's just a silly jam not intresting at all.

It's a cover of Pure Imagination from C&TCF, which is what the album will comprise of. You just don't find things interesting.

i realise that it's a cover. That song is a beautiful tune, their cover is a boring jam, i was hoping for a lot more when i saw the track name. But it seems like they just banged it out in five seconds rather than crafting something unique.

Also, i've known about and appreciated primus since like '94. So it's not like i dislike claypool and what he does. He is an incredible and unique force in music.

I kinda agree with delet, I love primus but the particular cover displayed was more just alright, than awesome. That said I still look forward to the album and hearing Les' take on the Oompa Loompa song which I imagine could lend itself to the Primus sound quite well.

yeah this is not the 'comeback' album I was looking for. Covers of Willy Wonka sounds cool for like a conceptual one off live show or something but not a new Primus album with the original lineup. Even with the original lineup doing all new material I'm a tad skeptical

They already had their comeback album with Green Naugahyde, now they're going into their leftfield Residents weirdness album to leave fans scratching their heads in confusion and disappointment. This may not end up being a favorite Primus album for me, but it seems like it will be a cool oddities album to have in their discog.

Yeah, Green Naugahyde was definitely a comeback, especially with its accompanying brilliant 3D tour. It doesn't even feel like they need to have another album come out at this point in their career, especially with the success of Green Naugahyde, so I'm fine with them releasing an album as goofy as this out of nowhere. It just feels like such a bonus.

Plus, I happen to really like their version of Pure Imagination; it doesn't seem like a jam to me but a radical rearrangement. I'm very interested to hear it in the context of the whole, since this is clearly meant to be experienced in its entirety.

Green Naugahyde destroys. So stoked on this and the fact that tim alexander is back, that guy is one of my favorite drummers of all time and highly underappreciated.

like, check out this syncoipation and jsut straight wtf awesome of this track. i want to suck his dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfU9l-TrdSY

Green Naugahyde was a great album, seems it slipped under the radar for a lot of people too...

Wow, that's an incredible vid. Perfect fit for one of the strongest tracks on the album.

Green Naugahyde destroys. So stoked on this and the fact that tim alexander is back, that guy is one of my favorite drummers of all time and highly underappreciated.

like, check out this syncoipation and jsut straight wtf awesome of this track. i want to suck his dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfU9l-TrdSY

Mine too, though he's pretty well appreciated by any musician I know who's heard Primus, and an inspiration for all the best drummers I've played with (prob no coincidence!). The drumming and lyrics on Ms. Baileen make it one of my favorite Primus songs.

The drums on Eleven are epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLWhqIIdMLc

Archived