IGNORED

some guy makes analord soundalikes on korg ds-10

Ragnar

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad hes got some attention. hes been dropping these bombs on ds10forum.com for some time .

Shameless plug of my ds10 afex attempt:

Sounds very nice!

I just realised it's made on a Nintendo DS. That's even cooler. Is that the only thing used?

Guest bitroast

http://fentonfonic.bandcamp.com

the artwork and song and artist name/song name combination is all just a little too much for me.

it's almost frightening how similar it is to richard d james' analord series. an artists body of work.

and by frightening i mean "what the fuck is wrong with this guy?"

it's like cheap knock off analord you find at aldi.

aldi-lord.

really dig this stuff. i don't get why people get so upset about afx mimicry. we all want more afx music right? sure, it's not as innovative but so what, i'm sure there are folks on this board who think afx is derivative.

I have no problem with afx mimicry, but am not really into this stuff much. Take "Ballcasey Funk" for instance... could not be less funky.

Agreed the newer stuff sound better. And the Backdoor.Spyboter.A cover is neat.

Guest bitroast

really dig this stuff. i don't get why people get so upset about afx mimicry. we all want more afx music right? sure, it's not as innovative but so what, i'm sure there are folks on this board who think afx is derivative.

Wow i can agree with none of this (except for maybe the wanting more afx music right? part).

There is a difference between soaking in influences and using them to shape your sound. Using said sound to create music which is fluid and reflective of the artist. And this, which is .. What is this even? analysed text book perfect carbon copying music by numbers.

Same reason i dont like benn jordans music (good example within the idm community, right lads?). (I like to think) i like music that has a little personality to it !! Music that is honest !! (*added roar for impact*)

Surely you can understand why this would disjoy an aphex twin fan. On an aphex twin forum of all places!!

But you know, I doubt i'll be able to succussfully replace your opinion with my opinion just by argueing it at people over the internet. each to their own i guess ??

Wow i can agree with none of this (except for maybe the wanting more afx music right? part).

There is a difference between soaking in influences and using them to shape your sound. Using said sound to create music which is fluid and reflective of the artist. And this, which is .. What is this even? analysed text book perfect carbon copying music by numbers.

Same reason i dont like benn jordans music (good example within the idm community, right lads?). (I like to think) i like music that has a little personality to it !! Music that is honest !! (*added roar for impact*)

Surely you can understand why this would disjoy an aphex twin fan. On an aphex twin forum of all places!!

But you know, I doubt i'll be able to succussfully replace your opinion with my opinion just by argueing it at people over the internet. each to their own i guess ??

lol maybe this is why I like it because the effect (affect?) is so weird

analord D-sides

twoism don't seem to mind when people (even those that are signed to labels and making monies) ape The Brothers.

i think this is a good time and place to agree to disagree. i understand how an aphex twin fan might dislike this kind of effort. i think it's clear this hollander is aware of ape charges and so he lays it on real thick. if he were trying to hide it or arguing this is something new, then i'd be much more inclined towards your position. i can't say i've ever read any fan fiction, but i think this isn't too dissimilar.

Guest jasondonervan

I'm gonna make a series better than this made entirely using desktop frogger

Froggerlord

Archived