Guest Zelmo Swift

Guest Zelmo Swift

Hey, it's been several months since I last checked: is anyone else into WANDA GROUP now?

What are your favorite releases?

Have you been keeping up with the newest stuff?

What direction do you think he's headed in?

Thanks!

Guest Zelmo Swift

I miss Dem Hunger. :cry:

I like a lot of the Dem Hunger stuff too. I feel like that project ran its course, though. You can see when he started to do more collage-style pieces that didn't necessarily have beats or drum sounds, and then he started getting into the meticulously sculpted textures. The first few WANDA GROUP releases had rhythms, but no drum sounds, which i thought was a pretty interesting way to move away from "beats."

V Sunrise from CLEANERS.

Also this video makes me laugh every time:

CLEANERS, EARTH INSIDER, and GET INVOLVED IN MY THROAT are admittedly my favorites, and I believe those are the first few official "releases." When I first heard them, they blew me away. They sounded like nothing I had ever heard before, and I just wanted to live inside the atmosphere they created. The first track I heard was STOMACH INTERRUPTER, a one-off free blog track. I was scouring for new music, and the artist name and title immediately stood out to me. I was like, "I gotta hear whatever this weird shit is." I was sitting in a library, and I felt like everything froze. Summer of 2012. Yep, good times.

That video is pretty amazing, and it was the first thing I watched of his. It wasn't posted very long before I found it. I kind of fell in love with the guy's whole persona, his Twitter posts, etc.

Oh, Louis. Please come to the U.S.

I feel like Software should put out a full-length for him and bring him here for a tour.

I guess I could start harassing Lopatin about it.

• 4 months later...

Dem Hunger - Caveman Smack is probably his most accessible - that one's gotten a lot of praise on here. Also I would say CLEANERS is great listen, because the tracks are so short compared to his other drawn out stuff. If you like the atmosphere of CLEANERS, then you really can't go wrong with any of his longer pieces.

• 11 months later...
Guest Zelmo Swift

I need to check out more of his stuff, this was my intro to him -

Also listened to Piss Fell Out Like Sunlight

What's the best starting point for his work?

Dem Hunger - Caveman Smack is probably his most accessible - that one's gotten a lot of praise on here. Also I would say CLEANERS is great listen, because the tracks are so short compared to his other drawn out stuff. If you like the atmosphere of CLEANERS, then you really can't go wrong with any of his longer pieces.

Yes, Cleaners or Get Involved In My Throat would be the best entry point into his catalogue.

Bass Urine is another early release that I failed to mention in this thread. It's kind of different from the other Wanda Group releases. It's more collage-y and spacey, but that's one I return to often.

Archived