IGNORED

Gate Four tracks

Guest GateFour

Guest GateFour

Thanks so much guys!

I'll post some of our older (but still very new) tracks on here as well. I'll start with this one. This one's got a bit of "shoegaze" influences...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Both tracks are pretty lush, yo. Nice vibez going on. But also in both tracks, I felt they were too short or a bit lacking in narrative (especially towards the ends). Like in the first track at around the 3 minute mark, it feels like it's just getting started to something more- like if surf guitar lead melodies were over this, perhaps more of the underlying narratives could be brought out. Same with the second track- lead melodies could really push this to the next level.

Overall, though, pretty solid aesthetic and execution. Great vibez.

Listened to Kingsway and really enjoyed it. Has a nice oriental feel to it, very dreamy and lots of great subtle atmosphere to it. The bassline is excellent and fits so well with the other elements of the track. Following you guys on soundcloud now :music:

Nice and mellow, without a tranquillizer effect.

So, how much of this was tracked, and how much was recorded? Some of the stuff in there sounds really natural, but it's hard to tell. Maybe it was from the slight shuffle.

However it was produced, the flow is easy and chill, like good ice cream. Nice work with the stereo effects as well.

Personally, I would have brought the reverb/chorus down a couple notches on the bassline. It seems to get a bit washed out, but that could just be my shitty headphones. Otherwise I really enjoyed this.

I'm feeling all mellow and happy now. Thanks for that!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest GateFour

hey - thanks guys! been a while since I've checked in here.

The guitar's recorded and then just then threw into DAW for treatment... just a very basic setup really.

Here's a new one we just finished recently.

Similar vibes, with more of a faux old-school 4x4 beat. :)

• 8 months later...
Guest GateFour

Tempelhof is really (really really) chill, reminds me of some Rollercone track.

cool! I've never heard of Rollercone... will definitely check him out :)

Guest GateFour

Just listened to Kingsway and loved it. Percussion is a real highlight. That and the bass brings the whole thing together.

thanks! we actually have a different version of the track which doesn't have that middle "half-time" tempo switch which i might upload it at some point as well

Just listened to Kingsway and loved it. Percussion is a real highlight. That and the bass brings the whole thing together.

thanks! we actually have a different version of the track which doesn't have that middle "half-time" tempo switch which i might upload it at some point as well

This is was a pretty cool track, I agree, the bass was super nice. My one critique is just something small, when the guitar comes it, it sounds a little repetitive. I kinda wanted it to change and follow the bassline or something. Anyway, dope track, kinda reminded me of Mount Kimbie a little

Guest GateFour

dass pretty nice stuff!

London ON or London UK?

thanks! London UK - my friend moved there recently.

Guest GateFour

This is was a pretty cool track, I agree, the bass was super nice. My one critique is just something small, when the guitar comes it, it sounds a little repetitive. I kinda wanted it to change and follow the bassline or something. Anyway, dope track, kinda reminded me of Mount Kimbie a little

thanks, will keep that in mind. I'm glad you made the connection to Mount Kimbie, I really dig their early stuff!

Archived