IGNORED

The Ass Wars of Hip Hop

Rubin Farr

lets be honest both of them bitches suck compared to main bitch Aealia banks - yeah she aint sport an ass that fat but she got them DSL's and a flow for real z

what are you after, really?

i was wondering if i can find something in the hip-hop world that i could ad to my playlist. my fav composers are beethoven and autechre. usually other things that i listen to these days are vhs head, afx, plaid, murcof, snd, bach, rhythm&sound, ligeti, parmegiani, mika vainio, pole, tetsu inoue, raster noton shit, so to know what i'm after the easiest would be for you to find the common denominator between them. also, i'm have very low threshold for stupidity and that's only i could found in hip-hop. i just dont care about the things they're occupied with and they just can't get over them selfs. ass nigga!

Listen to dälek

Edited by baph

xox, try lil debbie:

lol

lets be honest both of them bitches suck compared to main bitch Aealia banks - yeah she aint sport an ass that fat but she got them DSL's and a flow for real z

'ey yooo, 'ey yooo i liked this track by azealia, she so very super 'different', uniquely unique. pretty rare i'd say i no matter which genre. i really liked this housey track. class!

i'm waiting for her new album to see where she's going but judging by her latest live shows i'm very optimistic :(

Listen to Dälek

smart shit! pretty good. i'd have to listen to it more... shall see.

There's another thing. It's the language barrier. sometimes i really struggle to understand what theF are they rapping about so evidentially i loose my interest. googling lyrics is not cool!

suggestion everywhere

when i watch modernist films i'm always amazed at how matter-of-factly they present attractive bodies without this sort of perverted gaze

like dziga vertov, there's this scene on man with a camera where a woman is waking up, or when lots of women are bathing or doing calisthenics

i mean iggy azalea is so fucking sad, that last video is so embarrassing and sad, it's like awkward teenagers who don't know what to do with their body and want to hide it, it produces exactly the same kind of cringey feeling and makes me want to cry and puke at the same time and generally commit suicide man everything is so depressing

like people are actually willing to embrace apocalypse, fuck that shit and fuck all moderate "critical" smartasses

On 8/9/2014 at 3:09 PM, xox said:

On 8/9/2014 at 10:46 AM, usagi said:

i was wondering if i can find something in the hip-hop world that i could ad to my playlist. my fav composers are beethoven and autechre. usually other things that i listen to these days are vhs head, afx, plaid, murcof, snd, bach, rhythm&sound, ligeti, parmegiani, mika vainio, pole, tetsu inoue, raster noton shit, so to know what i'm after the easiest would be for you to find the common denominator between them. also, i'm have very low threshold for stupidity and that's only i could found in hip-hop. i just dont care about the things they're occupied with and they just can't get over them selfs. ass nigga!

Well... I've had similar problems getting into a lot of rap music, though I'm sometimes amused by the misogyny, posturing and general ridiculousness... but yeah it is hard to find hip hop where I care about both the lyrics and the musical arrangements. Clipping pleases me pretty deeply on an aesthetic level, and they've got a lot of interesting things going on in their arrangements. The lyrics are often satirical, written in third person (so you get a break from the "me me me" bullshit), and make good use of imagery... it's not exactly highbrow stuff, but it puts an interesting twist on things. I think you might like it, as it's more on the experimental side, and the composition of the tracks themselves are actually pretty engaging and quite original. Check it:

Funkstorung's tracks that feature rappers are always a fun listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnvfzXBbxME&list=PLN-3ij4w3F4wG1nHGkgzmhQa6WFyCF4mn&index=5

Sounds like you have not been blessed with hip hop

Clipping pleases me pretty deeply on an aesthetic level, and they've got a lot of interesting things going on in their arrangements. The lyrics are often satirical, written in third person (so you get a break from the "me me me" bullshit), and make good use of imagery... it's not exactly highbrow stuff, but it puts an interesting twist on things. I think you might like it, as it's more on the experimental side, and the composition of the tracks themselves are actually pretty engaging and quite original. Check it:

http://clppng.bandcamp.com/album/midcity

Funkstorung's tracks that feature rappers are always a fun listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnvfzXBbxME&list=PLN-3ij4w3F4wG1nHGkgzmhQa6WFyCF4mn&index=5

wat? harsh noise rap? never heard of this. yes, clipping can be interesting. i liked some of his tracks, until he goes full retard and transform himself into merzbow

the funkstorung track is great but mostly b/c of the music. i basically always see rapping as something 'unnecessary'

Sounds like you have not been blessed with hip hop

pray for me bro

btw Funckarma have done hip hop production with Shadow Huntaz, try that.

they're ok i guess... i'll try to listen to them more closely

what i've found out so far it that even the best hip-hop cant significantly elevate my pulse but that might change in the future

thank you all for your affability and helpfulness :beer:

Edited by xox

wat? harsh noise rap? never heard of this. yes, clipping can be interesting. i liked some of his tracks, until he goes full retard and transform himself into merzbow

Their newest album has none of that and is generally much more accesible, so go for it. It's a great album

• 2 weeks later...