IGNORED

Reason 8

Rubin Farr

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone is a pro something on software,

pro ableton, pro logic,

i'm a pro reason, simply because i've started with the version 2 and i keep using it,

i'm with the 7 now and it's a great great tool, the sound is better then never and works perfectly, 120€ for the update is not cheap tho

but i gonna do it anyway,

I only just bothered to do the upgrade to 6.5 and I got that ages ago. Got the PX7 as well. It's really very good. I can't imagine why I would need to upgrade again for a long time. I had a look at this video and I can't say it would make any difference to me at all.

now with 15% less workflow-crippling design decisions!

still no VST support tho, but now it's easier than ever to make stuff that sounds like it was made in reason!

lol

What do you guys use for tape stop effects in Reason?

Filter and pitch and envelope on tempo. You can also chain the master through ECF-42 Envelope Controlled Filter and tweak the whole mix

I think he's aiming at your logic that what's made on Reason's own devices instantly sounds like Reason - which of course isn't true. Any musician that calls himself serious doesn't use presets and if they do they camouflage them, but the same could be said about any VST. It really doesn't matter what you use but how you use it. Do you think that first three LPs by Flying Lotus sound like Reason? Because they were mostly made in Reason. I personally think the Reason devices are very flexible and easy to achieve what you want. Peace

I still think Reason is just the best VST ever.

this,

not because it's true, because i know how to make the sound i want, and it never filed me.

if not enough, i connect with cubase so i can have that vst addition

i've seen many big production made 100% Reason only

on Reason if you know how to manage those cables and filter you can have superb textures

I think (for everybody's sake) we should just drop this "NOT VST support still? WTFFff"

Propellerhead have their shop online where big VST developer groups have different synths and effects for sale - and its ALOT. A big bunch of different kind of instrument, sample packs, studio FX's and racks

Bedroom programmers can also sell their synths and packs over the PH shop as well.

And that its great. Refill can almost be compared to VST.

I think he's aiming at your logic that what's made on Reason's own devices instantly sounds like Reason - which of course isn't true. Any musician that calls himself serious doesn't use presets and if they do they camouflage them, but the same could be said about any VST. It really doesn't matter what you use but how you use it. Do you think that first three LPs by Flying Lotus sound like Reason? Because they were mostly made in Reason. I personally think the Reason devices are very flexible and easy to achieve what you want. Peace

This * 100000000000000

Archived