IGNORED

some of my stuff

saltykraut

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

still digging your stuff, sounds like experiments which turned out very well to me. you seem to be pretty straight forward in the way you produce the tracks (basically jamming/experimenting and recording live, am I right?) ; hope you'll compile something someday because I really think its worth it.

by the way what is this kind of modulation going on on the kick and snare of this "Horse Flies" track? makes me think (among others) about "marchromt30a edit 2b 96" by the 'phex and I'm curious about it

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I would like to put something together. I just want to get the right things together so makes for a cohesive listening experience. The kick on that hfb is one I designed on a tempest. I'll go back in there and see what I did.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i've enjoyed these! chobra reminds me of (pre-books) zammuto in a great way and it's pretty refreshing to hear this kind of hardware jam, nice grooves mr saltykraut! :flower:

thanks, never heard of zammuto, will check it out!

quick rinseout before work

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

trying out the new convolution reverb in reason.

great. I'm bothered about that resonant bass sound you can also hear in a lot of Autechre tracks. I'm pretty sure it's FM with feedback on the modulator + amp modulation on it? which synth did you use for it?

trying out the new convolution reverb in reason.

great. I'm bothered about that resonant bass sound you can also hear in a lot of Autechre tracks. I'm pretty sure it's FM with feedback on the modulator + amp modulation on it? which synth did you use for it?

its the dsi tempest so that sound is a saw with a saw triangle and the sub which I assume is a square. also some mod matrix stuff mod on the hi pass etc.

i just listened to tran, interesting precise sort of stuff, a strong feeling of subtle variety, which i value

now i listened to the dsi tempest stuff, interesting sort of autechre mood

Thanks for looking!

• 3 weeks later...

I went further with that sound here. more modulation

nice weirdness. I've never spent any time on a tempest so i'm not familiar with its abilities.. what's going on their? constantly changing pattern?

Archived