I've Been Asked To Speak at SXSW 2015 About The CAT023 Kickstarter

Joyrex

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*opens photoshop*

*awaits footage*

11900308-evil-looking-businessman-clasps

Oh, he's rather handsome - I wonder if I could get a mask made to look like that... with LED eyes!

i knew i should have gone for this pic instead:

sinister-man-hands-together-25630427.jpg

jokes aside: congrats dude, give 'em hell

You'll get my vote. If you could throw in a batcock or two, I'm sure the audience would appreciate it

yes you need to explain how the batcock meme was the progenitor of the kickstarter, in a tortured way fitting in as many memes as possible, explain the route from one to the other.

Also, i'm sure you'll be fine man and certainly not the most awkward on the panel nor in the audience, heh. People will be rooting for you, in the room and on here. [-; Well if they decide to put you on the panel. It was an interesting project that fits neatly somewhere into the orbit of SXSW's reason d'etre.

There'll probably be suicide bombers from xltronic.

lol,

Congrats Joyrex!

I volunteered at SXSW in 2010 for interactive panels - they all went well despite varying crowd sizes, turnout and topics discussed. You'll have a lot of fun, even non-AFX fanboys and fangirls will still be interested in this. Only thing I'd say to be wary of is those ridiculously long "questions" some audience members ask. (like, the ones where they talk for a minute and then can't actually pose a real question at the end of their often self-centered rant)

Even what I expected would be the most awkward and cringe-worthy panel (a viral video star who literally have just 2-3 dozen people in a room booked for couple hundred) actually went quite well, and the small audience was nice and friendly. Your fellow panelists are cool people too, I hope it's selected...

...and if it's not just show up outside the Austin convention center with a sign that says "I'm that dude that gave you that Aphex Twin album. AMA"

pretty cool. JR, you just have to work "quite good" in there somehow, it's a no-brainer.

There'll probably be suicide bombers from xltronic.

fucking lol

I make an excellent bodygaurd, gold caddy, PR manager, drug dealer, egotistical maniac friend and I also do barmitzvahs or weddings depending on how many single bridesmaids there are and if they are at least a 6/10 in terms of drunken/drugged bangability.

So in other words, can I come hang out with you, Daddy Joyrex?

:emotawesomepm9::cerious:

but mostly... :emotawesomepm9:

Got this in my email. I totally voted!

I'm so going to SXSW next year for this. If it goes down we meeting up? Anyone in Houston want to car ride?

Archived