IGNORED

Tinnitus fucks up with my mind

cheeseburgerwalrus

I have had tinnitus for years but only recently it has started to bother me. Seems like I can't go a day without thinking about it. Every second it's there and I just can't escape it

All sudden loud noises tend to retrigger or amplify tinnitus, it's real fucked up. I have became scared of all kindsa noises and started to wear earplugs when commuting etc but seems like it's all too late now

I don't even want to learn to live with it, just want it to go away.

How to make it go away?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

99 percent of the time, you cant. but go the doctors, there are very small amounts of cases that can be solved

Mister doctor just told me to not give tinnitus any thought, just to ignore it. honestly it was just a waste of money

Topic title doesn't make sense, oh well

There is unsubstantiated study based evidence that MDMA fixes it, so you could sit quietly in your room and get off your tits.

http://www.youredm.com/2014/03/24/preliminary-findings-suggest-mdma-cure-tinnitus/

Ye but it only helps when you're on it, afterwards it's all as it always was nam sayin,,,

Sometimes i have a slightly more annoying one from the background high pitch that's there. What i do is i think about the pitch and then gently through the scale move it's pitch up until it's such a thin hiss that it has been moved beyond the range of my 'hearing'. This probably won't work for you as i don't have serious tinnitus, but just sharing a trick i made that works for me.

I do think that i should get ear plugs for work though.

best thing is acceptance and to just live with it as i have. maybe try a fan in your bedroom or noise generator for sleep. my tinnitus is triggered by prolonged music listening, so we're in the same boat, op. sending good vibes to you

why is this messiaen person telling you to take mdma to fix it, that's just stupid. probably intentionally stupid but its still wrong advice to give someone

why is this messiaen person telling you to take mdma to fix it, that's just stupid. probably intentionally stupid but its still wrong advice to give someone

I think it was a last resort as this cheeseburger person was being very intense and unwilling to accept that he had to live with the tinnitus for the rest of his days on earth.

What i do is i think about the pitch and then gently through the scale move it's pitch up until it's such a thin hiss that it has been moved beyond the range of my 'hearing'. This probably won't work for you as i don't have serious tinnitus, but just sharing a trick i made that works for me.

Thanks for the tip, but how do you 'move' it?

best thing is acceptance and to just live with it as i have. maybe try a fan in your bedroom or noise generator for sleep. my tinnitus is triggered by prolonged music listening, so we're in the same boat, op. sending good vibes to you

cheers, good vobes to you too

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/science/Coffee-tied-to-lower-incidence-of-tinnitus/articleshow/39912033.cms

im not sure if you're a woman but heres a little something i found on g00gle

i don't drink caffeine, i stopped because i read that caffeine is bad for you if you suffer from tinnnitus. tis a weird read

If it's any consolation I do have sympathy for you, fuck having ringing in your ears all the time. I got it once when I was about 19 after listening to extremely loud Drum and Bass (Pulp Fiction/Alex Reece specificly) over a pair of very crap headphones. It went away after 24 hours or so.

I know this may sound silly and reckless but I'd be tempted to turn into an mdma munchkin as prescribed by messiaen :derp:

Hit it from 2 angles: reduce inflammation causing foods, then externally repair anything with neem oil drops in ears. (I'm serious on both.) You could also experiment with jaw placement (front, back, left, right) and if all of a sudden shit clears up or hearing enhances (or whatever) when your jaw is to a side, for example, re-examine bilateral symmetry of body starting with feet to hips-- to spine to neck.

I learnt of an ear calibration phenomenon (well, the whole body and all emotions do this) that could also be an issue. Perhaps could listen to rising Shepard tone for hours, and consciousness be aware of tonal differences between each ear. Like mixing: a certain freq input could either be over-activated, or, immediately surrounding freq input could be lowered.

You could also consider that you might actually be hearing something that is there (like on your shoulder or inner ear (seriously)).

Good luck.

I learnt of an ear calibration phenomenon (well, the whole body and all emotions do this) that could also be an issue. Perhaps could listen to rising Shepard tone for hours, and consciousness be aware of tonal differences between each ear. Like mixing: a certain freq input could either be over-activated, or, immediately surrounding freq input could be lowered.

I've found this to be helpful, by plugging up your ears and focusing on the sound(s), it sort of works itself out and lessens the anxiety that it exacerbates.

Walmart now stocks homeopathic ear drops that supposedly reduce ringing. If I'm trying to sleep & it's loud, I put my pinkies in my ears for 1-2 minutes, take them out & it's greatly reduced for a while.

Hit it from 2 angles: reduce inflammation causing foods, then externally repair anything with neem oil drops in ears. (I'm serious on both.) You could also experiment with jaw placement (front, back, left, right) and if all of a sudden shit clears up or hearing enhances (or whatever) when your jaw is to a side, for example, re-examine bilateral symmetry of body starting with feet to hips-- to spine to neck.

You could also consider that you might actually be hearing something that is there (like on your shoulder or inner ear (seriously)).

Good luck.

Ye I been changing my diet. I've yet to try neem oil, this is the first i hear about it

shepard tone for hours sounds extreme lol

does it go hand in hand with beforementioned mdma?

this ear calibration sounds nice, thank you for your kind advice :)

I've found this to be helpful, by plugging up your ears and focusing on the sound(s), it sort of works itself out and lessens the anxiety that it exacerbates.

i only have tinnitus when i consume dairy (serious)

what kinda sounds u recommend? i read that healing sounds of <100hz are lush for tinnitus

i only have tinnitus when i consume dairy (serious)

really? how did you find out? i consume fair amount of milk daily...might stop that, see if it fixes anything

Archived