IGNORED

Tinnitus fucks up with my mind

cheeseburgerwalrus

99 percent of the time, you cant. but go the doctors, there are very small amounts of cases that can be solved

Mister doctor just told me to not give tinnitus any thought, just to ignore it. honestly it was just a waste of money

Topic title doesn't make sense, oh well

Ah no, he gave you great advice. There is a hugely psychological aspect to many cases of tinnitus. I used to have really bad tinnitus--not just a ringing but the kind that feeds back and gets louder--but now it's 99% gone. And it pretty much went away when I learned how to cope with stress and anxiety.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i only have tinnitus when i consume dairy (serious)

Inflammation, yo.

Forgot to mention in my earlier post: Ear bonez, mang. If those tiiiny bones are crooked or fucked, can cause weird perception of sound.

99 percent of the time, you cant. but go the doctors, there are very small amounts of cases that can be solved

Mister doctor just told me to not give tinnitus any thought, just to ignore it. honestly it was just a waste of money

Ah no, he gave you great advice. There is a hugely psychological aspect to many cases of tinnitus. I used to have really bad tinnitus--not just a ringing but the kind that feeds back and gets louder--but now it's 99% gone. And it pretty much went away when I learned how to cope with stress and anxiety.

ye his advice had an effect on me for some time. i was like it was the best advice given to me in a long time but now i have forgotten what it means and i can't unwind. how u cope with anxiety&stress stuff (honest)

Could also help to focus on the sound. Like be silence, and LISTEN AND FOCUS on it. Lotta phenomenon can be fixed by giving attention, instead of the instinctual avoidance.

MDMA combined with a multi-angle approach-- ultra combo. Though I've never tried pretending to be "normal", rolling fucking hard. I'd like to try that. Like how sexual pleasure can be enhanced by letting go and relaxing (instead of tensing up). So I want to let go with MDMA and relax, instead of being fucking jacked and footworking to raindrops. I am also writing this last bit as a memorial digital text for all those who have killed themselves due to hardcore ear ringing. *pours 40 on carpet*

ye his advice had an effect on me for some time. i was like it was the best advice given to me in a long time but now i have forgotten what it means and i can't unwind. how u cope with anxiety&stress stuff (honest)

Take ten deep breaths, in through the nose, out through the mouth. How do you feel now?

just typed a load of shit but basically:sometimes consumed dairy,sometimes didn't,noticed a pattern of symptoms. any dairy has a lasting impact on my hearing, takes over 2 weeks to get back to normal.

dude i was just thinking about breathing cuz it's like all connected myAAAaaaanaannann and improper breathing can fuck up tons of shit so like fuuuuck dyUuuuuuUUde

Breathing right, you don't even need food.

dude i was just thinking about breathing cuz it's like all connected myAAAaaaanaannann and improper breathing can fuck up tons of shit so like fuuuuck dyUuuuuuUUde

Breathing right, you don't even need food.

...says the guy who is recommending MDMA to cure tinnitus.

There's a treatment that involves listening to a different frequency all day, with headphones, that like counters it. It has achieved pretty good results, but idk if there's anyone in the US that does that. The one I heard of was german, swiss or austrian don't remember exactly.

What i do is i think about the pitch and then gently through the scale move it's pitch up until it's such a thin hiss that it has been moved beyond the range of my 'hearing'. This probably won't work for you as i don't have serious tinnitus, but just sharing a trick i made that works for me.

Thanks for the tip, but how do you 'move' it?

i focus on the sound, and make that sound in my mind then slowly but steadily, one note at a time every second or two, move up through the scale till eventually i'm a few octaves above where i started and out of the range of normal hearing. I am superimposing an imagined tone over the top of the tinnitus ringing. The purpose is to make the brain reinterpret the signal that it's receiving and take the focus off it. i started doing this over a decade ago when i first noticed some ringing whilst going to sleep and tried to reason a way to remove it from my field of hearing.

I have no idea whether it'll work for you, or if this advice is of an consequence at all, it's just something that seems to work for my mild but ever present tinnitus when it starts being annoying. Tinnitus that i probably got from making music on headphones and more probably from loud daily practise on acoustic guitar.

If you do suffer alot from your tinnitus, then maybe consider to also really mind what kind of headphones and audio equipment you're using. Its a big difference between headphones out in the market now, and you should really consider buying a more expensive and decent pair.

As well as someone above mention; look for potential foods and supplements that could ease the tinnitus as well. Their is so much alternatives out there that the doctors doesnt know about.

gl, mate

Everytime I see the word tinnitus it reminds me of the little I have, but I'm sure it's progressively getting worse. One idea I've had was to do some research on the decibels your ear can handle.

Okay so about 85 for 8 hours, with the time period you can take decreasing with an increase in decibels. Okay fine. Next step would be to find out how loud any given thing you're doing is. For that you need a decibel reader. It looks like they're available for smart phones for starters! Though I'm not sure how good they are. If not that then you can buy an actual decibel reader. I'm going to get one for android and see how well that goes.

As for existing tinnitus. I have no clue, but I'm sure preventing future damage would be just as important. Heh.

p.s. thinking about tinnitus does really make it worse

True,.. I have it and have pretty much learned to live with it and doesn't bother me most of the time... Reading this thread I started to notice it again.. Thanks for that! :)

Seriously though you might have thought what the doctor said was rubbish but he is kinda right, the more you worry about it the worse it will be just try and forget about it and when it is there don't focus on it and your brain will start to ignore it.

If you do suffer alot from your tinnitus, then maybe consider to also really mind what kind of headphones and audio equipment you're using. Its a big difference between headphones out in the market now, and you should really consider buying a more expensive and decent pair.

As well as someone above mention; look for potential foods and supplements that could ease the tinnitus as well. Their is so much alternatives out there that the doctors doesnt know about.

gl, mate

what kinda pair of headphones do u recommend?

p.s. thinking about tinnitus does really make it worse

True,.. I have it and have pretty much learned to live with it and doesn't bother me most of the time... Reading this thread I started to notice it again.. Thanks for that! :)

Seriously though you might have thought what the doctor said was rubbish but he is kinda right, the more you worry about it the worse it will be just try and forget about it and when it is there don't focus on it and your brain will start to ignore it.

sorry

I don't really have any advice but I just want to say that really sucks cbw I hope you find a way to cope with it

thank you :)

listen to rising Shepard tone for hours

how does that help seriously? pls explain

listen to rising Shepard tone for hours

how does that help seriously? pls explain

Well, things I write are generally from personal experimentation, so I dunno if there is other reference to any shit I wrote here, buuut... I am confident in my writings, based on experience.

Obviously, all perception is relative. ...I've found with hearing and visual shitz (with regards to this thread), there is a baseline reference point that can be manually established, which might need to be done because such a reference point can be jolted out of place due to injury or acute high-input, etc. Touch seems to take longest for such reference points to be set; smell is very quick.

So with your eyes, for example, you can expose just one eye to red for a few minutes, and upon removing the red, that eye will exaggerate the complimentary color (green). So everything for that eye will be more green, for awhile. But this fades. Expose the eye longer, the effect lasts longer. With hearing, such opposite effects are similar-- expose ears to a freq tone for a few minutes, the ears will temporarily be desensitized to that tone. Listen to extremely quiet music for a few minutes, hearing will temporarily be amplified. Etc. Did you ever get a shitload of wax cleaned from your ears as a kid? After that, everything sounds SILVER, like sheening scraping metal. Everything is extremely loud and piercing. After the brain realizes what baseline is, it doesn't allow you to experience that ridiculousness cuz it tones down perception, even though the same shit is going into your ears.

My point about Shepard tones goes along with listening to ranges of white noise-- by putting sense perceptors into a state where baseline cannot be established, you can put them into manual program mode. For example, after hours of Shepard tones, then hours of bass, I feel you can eliminate bass from your hearing, by your brain re-programming that reference bass as baseline. After awhile your brain would re-establish a bassline, though. Anyway- I feel if one listened to Shepard tones for maaany hours, the full range would become the baseline- THEN, immediately after listening for hours, put in earplugs and go to sleep.

Anyway, there is this whole thing of perception of a QUALITY of frequency being different than just hearing a sound. For example I have a thing with my ears where I can hear certain frequencies the same, but they *feel* different. My right ear sounds live, my left ear sounds like a recording (...something like that).

Oh, yah- so with tinnitus- in my experience, tinnitus is like a dead pixel at a specific freq that can be fixed by rubbing the monitor, possibly with Shepard tones.

I've had tinnitus as a symptom of being born slightly hard of hearing since I can remember... My tinnitus is pretty much constant I've just learned to mentally drown it out most of the time, music also helps. The more going on in the music, or more densely layered it is the more it seems to drown out the ringing (bleep bloops and really bottom heavy doom metal work quite well) ambiance with constant pads and echoes I can focus on also works well for detracting from the ringing. My tinnitus also becomes really noticeable in quieter situations, I usually always fall asleep with a fan on, a playlist of ambient music in the background or a combination of both... Mostly though, it's all about mentally distracting yourself from focusing on the ringing and the harsh truth is you just kinda learn to deal with it.

• 1 month later...

bumping this thread since I now appear to have tinnitus in my left ear and it's pretty damn scary. luckily it seems to be fairly mild and only noticeable in a silent room.

anyone have any tips they'd like to share? there's some good advice in this thread that i will try to take into account.

Guest murphythecat8

if tinnitus is caused by stress and anxiety, which I think somehow could really well be, MEDITATION is your best friend. If I were you, Id look at the psychological research on tinnitus and to the possible psychological causes. IME, most anything is caused by your own mind. Please note that maybe tinnitus isnt, but it sound like it could be, since tinnitus is totally subjective to the user, symptoms are variable, ect.

Just like anything you put your mind on, you surely have the ability to make it go worse just by thinking about it and looking at all the noise/problems it creates. same thing apply if you take your mind off it for a while, and concentrate deeply on something else (meditation).

One thing for sure, NOTHINg in the universe can help to reduce anxiety and stress more then meditation. If you really practice true meditation (which takes real practice and daily effort), I doubt that you will, after 3 month of 1 hour morning and 1 hour evening session, suffer as much from your tinitus. At the very least, during your meditation concentration, you will not suffer from tinnitus.

For all of those who live with tinnitus, please insult me if what I said make no sense. ITs really possible theres no remedy,

Archived