IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*looks at Vanity Fair stuff*

I'm totally going to spoil the film for myself.

*leaves thread, flips keyboard*

Star Wars: A New Dawn, the Rebels novel is $1.99 today on Kindle in honor of the 4th.

BTW - Daisey Ridley really resembles Natalie Portman, I guess hot chicks run strong in the Skywalker family.

i don't mean to be nitpicky but I still get a prequel cgi creature feel off that Empire mag photo. My theory is that CGI has defined the way that artists create creatures in general, hard to explain but it looks too modern some how and not in a good way.not because its higher quality costume/makeup work, but because it feels like it doesn't belong in the star wars universe. Sans a few very cool atmospheric shots in the trailer this is beginning to feel even less like a Star Wars movie than episode 1, 2 and 3. not to say that it won't be a cool or fun/ good movie but something is odd here and it's starting to show. MAybe thats why JJ only showed us tiny little bits so far

I was hoping to see Daniel Logan again some day, but I doubt it. His voice work on Clone Wars was probly the last we'll hear from him.

E8B5013D-B1D7-435A-BAB2-84F097EB2D4C_zps

Looks like a one legged transexual from a Wes Anderson film.

i didnt realize they were going to make the main villain look like a mixture between a gay harry potter villain and a character from Twilight.

I was thinking along similar lines. Like, he doesn't seem all that threatening does he?

I hypothesize he may turn good by the end of the final installment. I don't know jack shit what the new installment will be on about mind you...just a guess. Kinda got the look of bad guy turns good in the end. And ends up getting the girl.

i don't mean to be nitpicky but I still get a prequel cgi creature feel off that Empire mag photo. My theory is that CGI has defined the way that artists create creatures in general, hard to explain but it looks too modern some how and not in a good way.not because its higher quality costume/makeup work, but because it feels like it doesn't belong in the star wars universe. Sans a few very cool atmospheric shots in the trailer this is beginning to feel even less like a Star Wars movie than episode 1, 2 and 3. not to say that it won't be a cool or fun/ good movie but something is odd here and it's starting to show. MAybe thats why JJ only showed us tiny little bits so far

I agree but it's not inherent in cgi itself, it's due to the fact that it's obvious this is going to be another "look at the cool shit we can do" studio showcase that gets the atmosphere all wrong...

And yes the casting decisions so far look retarded

Archived