IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the future when some Asian dyude is wielding a lightsaber, he's gonna pull off all these hardcore kung fu shit, and then some other Jedi is gonna be like... "Where did you learn that?" ..."China, yo."

i wonder if JJ is cringing at the massive merchandise/toy campaign that's already starting to spoil little parts of his movie or if he's getting so much money off the back end he doesnt give a fuck

I guarantee you he's not getting a cut like Lucas wisely did... but I am sure JJ is not going to be hurting for money. Disney is fairly good at keeping things under wraps.

Today is a day of celebration. We have triumphed over villainy and oppression and have given our Allianceand the galaxy beyond ita chance to breathe and cheer for the progress in reclaiming our freedom from an Empire that robbed us of it. We have reports from Commander Skywalker that Emperor Palpatine is dead, and his enforcer, Darth Vader, with him.

But though we may celebrate, we should not consider this our time to rest. We struck a major blow against the Empire, and now will be the time to seize on the opening we have created. The Empires weapon may be destroyed, but the Empire itself lives on. Its oppressive hand closes around the throats of good, free-thinking people across the galaxy, from the Coruscant Core to the farthest systems in the Outer Rim. We must remember that our fight continues. Our rebellion is over. But the war the war is just beginning.

-Admiral Ackbar

Apparently Poe Dameron's parents celebrated at the Endor attack by conceiving him.

So the opening for the film is probably that big ship crashing into the desert with amped up battle scene space blastery noises, then they'll role the text up the screen giving a quick flyby of the 30 years in the form of, blah blah and so the battle raged on, blah blah, and so we find ourselves in desert planet alpha b, focus on football robot, rolling up to chick working on speeder, has to go into town to get parts, see animatronics and puppets in the bizarre, uh oh danger will skywalkingson, lens flare over head of downed someone with chick protagonist racing off from mid to background, the legend spewtinues.

So the opening for the film is probably that big ship crashing into the desert with amped up battle scene space blastery noises, then they'll role the text up the screen giving a quick flyby of the 30 years in the form of, blah blah and so the battle raged on, blah blah, and so we find ourselves in desert planet alpha b, focus on football robot, rolling up to chick working on speeder, has to go into town to get parts, see animatronics and puppets in the bizarre, uh oh danger will skywalkingson, lens flare over head of downed someone with chick protagonist racing off from mid to background, the legend spewtinues.

Actually the Empire lost Jakku on the first day, some piss poor planning IMO. I'm still making my way thru it, like a brand new 30 year old history book that was published today. They're are also some gay characters seeing a small backlash on the internets, ooh surprised?

http://io9.com/everything-we-know-about-star-wars-post-return-of-the-j-1729549100

im actually most curious about the flashback scenes they plan on doing. Maybe the antman michael douglas intro was a test for when they show Luke as a young man?

also glad that the 'sith' aren't the primary focus from what we know so far, i always found the whole premise of what a 'sith' was extremely unfleshed out, meandering and ultimately just confusing and unsatisfying in the trilogies (especially the prequel one).

one of the only Star Wars universe things i hope they expound upon is more about the force itself, the title seems to hint that there is some kind of amplification of the force across the entire universe not just that a few chosen people awaken to it.

I'm dreading the day when a news report say "Has Star Wars become too politically correct?" around December, especially if there's more unrest in the US, some blogger will open their dumbass "why is the black guy good and the white guy is bad? why is the stormtrooper a chick? why are there gay characters in the books?"

the title seems to hint that there is some kind of amplification of the force across the entire universe not just that a few chosen people awaken to it.

Oh good call, that would be an intresting thing. Unfortunately your contemplation over the title probably aims too high. It's probably be the boring obvious force awakens in the next generation thing rather than some cool overarching concept like a raging wave of force making their corner of the universe suddenly flush with power coursing through the aether.

I KNEW Lindelof was working on this with his buddy JJ, but i don't blame for keeping it a secret, bc of the fanboy backlash. hell it's got James Bond in it FFS.

6B342BAE-76C5-4411-BA42-572A28781114_zps

Daniel Craig has already come out and said that he's not in it.

I KNEW Lindelof was working on this with his buddy JJ, but i don't blame for keeping it a secret, bc of the fanboy backlash. hell it's got James Bond in it FFS.

6B342BAE-76C5-4411-BA42-572A28781114_zps

fuck, that kinda explains the whole post-9/11 false flag angle that was leaked as one of the early rumors. Surprised Roberto Orci isnt also involved, richest 9/11 truther on the planet.

im still holding out hope for some kind of mysterious 'force awakening' thing that isn't just some kind of inquisitor / sith bullshit event but something grander. the political side of it like the new empire and rebels looks kinda overly fan servicey to the point where i have little hope any of that stuff will really blow our minds, but if rebels actually do build a death star that could be interesting i suppose,

re: force awakening: Guesswork, not spoilers: If you're going to jump forwards 30 years in a franchise you need some reason for the 30 years jump. The idea of the 'force awakening' presumably covers that angle. e.g. perhaps Luke is the only notable force-user for 30 years and then suddently a bunch of new ones crop up. That would justify skipping 30 years, no?

Archived