IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i do wish they would not make such overwhelming use of the digital effects, using them so heavily. model-making is the foundation that the films were built upon and that unique 'feeling' can never truly be achieved without going through that same artistic process. goerge lucas of all people should know this; yet everyone just continues to follow the money round and round; while the depth of our entertainment experience is paid for the price.

i am somewhat soothed by seeing lawrence kasdan, kathleen kennedy etc etc..

see this is a great post and I completely agree - possibly the first ever troon post that is readable and puts forward an interested argument

I think a main selling point so far for Episode VII is that they are going for more real sets and models rather than just green screening it.

Apparently practical effects are seeing an "awakening" (ha) in films - Interstellar apparently uses practical models and effects for some of it's spaceship scenes.

my hope is that it continues.

the relationships the artists had with each other and their craft as a creative community were quite special and much of this was suctioned away in the early 2000's. i know the two methods to be mutually beneficial, golden ratio. so many things in our lives can relate directly to the rules of synergy, reanimation - the past not being discarded, but instead being properly conjoined with the present to yield the future

now why do you go and ruin it with some BS mysticism? the golden ratio and synergy and the past not being discarded - empty "meaningful" platitudes about the nature of the earth or whatever don't actually add ANYTHING to a discussion other than fodder for lols, not with, but at. Just think before you post when you get worked up into a "art is pure" frenzy. THIS IS A GODDAMN STAR WARS MOVIE

edit: sorry but yeah i got sand in my vagina last night

the relationships the artists had with each other and their craft as a creative community were quite special and much of this was suctioned away in the early 2000's. i know the two methods to be mutually beneficial, golden ratio. so many things in our lives can relate directly to the rules of synergy, reanimation - the past not being discarded, but instead being properly conjoined with the present to yield the future

Why do you think that artists have any less of a "creative community", whatever that is, if they are working in a digital medium? Many of the same people who used to work with physical mediums have moved on to work in the digital medium. The medium is secondary to creativity.

Why do you think that artists have any less of a "creative community", whatever that is, if they are working in a digital medium? Many of the same people who used to work with physical mediums have moved on to work in the digital medium. The medium is secondary to creativity.

we interact differently as human beings when we are staring at a screen as opposed to actively making physical things together. i think there is a place where the two worlds meet constructively, but all so easy we become completely immersed in the seductions of the digital world and it is not unlike being underwater - i fear if we go too deep and stay submerged for too long, then we will surly drown. after all; tho many of us are not willing to admit it, we still need the connections to 'the real word' to survive in the flesh. if we just 'unplug all th wires', so to speak; then we will lose the 'charge' which is our life source, and eventually we will lose power all together..

[youtubehd]-FD1K8OvVCs[/youtubehd]

..zoom through time and space and you can stay in one place

yes yes, you but perchance upon a moment to troll from whence you know not but it's less than informed and ready to roll, so why not put the rudder to the road, drag that steel down the avenue, in order to pursue, some semblance perchance in advance of a perceived stance, it'll enhance the lance that pierced dleetr's multiple artificial hearts. left him bereft of space and out of this race.

g'niet, and enjoy for a moem in mie plaes. [-;

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so hyped!!! Congrats Hollywood, you've fooled me into inevitable disappointment once again.

lol Gocab. Who was drawing those really terrible character sketches, that seem deformed because the person doing them can't draw, hasn't a basic grasp on anatomy. Perhaps they are the director's own sketches. Would make sense as you wouldn't hire someone that terrible.

lol Gocab. Who was drawing those really terrible character sketches, that seem deformed because the person doing them can't draw, hasn't a basic grasp on anatomy. Perhaps they are the director's own sketches. Would make sense as you wouldn't hire someone that terrible.

I am not sure if you are jesting or just don't get the idea of what is behind concept art.

Those were leaked a month ago dude.

Some of those are new.

Nah sorry dude all of these were leaked mid october. It's still good.

Archived