IGNORED

STROM

thanks! :D

right now, here, got only the AR. A4 is over at a friend's place.... sold the MDUW, needed some cash..

I miss the A4, it is mean and spikey :]

AR is mega.

MDUW can be replaced by AR, personal opinion... though I miss the RAM machine stuff it has!

yea exactly, the sequencer is much improved!

depends on your definition of polyrhythm... the AR can have individual track lengths, e.g. one track can loop after 6 steps, another after 13 etc....

but all tracks step forward at the same speed, so you can't easily have 7 over 3 or something like that. but you can use step micro-timing to program it, or the RETRIG function. which is different from the sample retrig in the MDUW!

sound wise, the individual tracks are less flexible on a first glance. but once you start with samples, filter etc, you'll find it's actually deeper than the MD, imo.

no MIDI sequencing tho.

yea exactly, the sequencer is much improved!

depends on your definition of polyrhythm... the AR can have individual track lengths, e.g. one track can loop after 6 steps, another after 13 etc....

but all tracks step forward at the same speed, so you can't easily have 7 over 3 or something like that. but you can use step micro-timing to program it, or the RETRIG function. which is different from the sample retrig in the MDUW!

sound wise, the individual tracks are less flexible on a first glance. but once you start with samples, filter etc, you'll find it's actually deeper than the MD, imo.

no MIDI sequencing tho.

heh, they cleverly made them so we'd want them both. the polyrhythm features of AR are good enough for me but the lack of midi sequencing is a weird one, really.

what i'd really like to have is MDUW with 16bit sampling machine and full polyrhythmic features. that would really make me buy one before any other.

yea well

this thread is bout STROM

STROM YEAH MOTHERFCUKER

yeah sorry! i can't try/use/buy it atm cause i have non of the machines but based on what i saw in your presentation i think it's a really great idea and i'm sure it's gonna be a hit

MDUW can be replaced by AR, personal opinion... though I miss the RAM machine stuff it has!

I only just noticed you're the same person as void over at elektronauts/elektron-users :blush:

I was all set to get an AR but wound up going for an MDUW instead - seduced by the LFO routing and CTR-AL machines, among other things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

copipasta from other thread:

a used iPad 2 is probably the cheapest that will run STROM, but I don't recommend it, performance/graphics wise.

Apple will present new iPads next Thursday, I'd wait for that and then decide. Last year's iPad mini with retina display is plenty powerful & will go down in price!

• 2 years later...

hey people, I made the base sampler app free to download. So if you have an iPad check it out imo. The In-App-Purchase thing is only for taking over an Elektron Analog Rytm.

tmdopwru4llwl3a5liwu.jpg

without Rytm, it's just a very basic sampler but it's fun. Maybe can be used for #vapors? Actually I should maybe do marketing based around that seeing how lazy sampling is becoming super mainstream now...

if you like it pls rate in in the App Store. thx!

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/strom/id907044543?l=en&mt=8

Archived