IGNORED

Glitched cover art - Autechre style

qaz

There's a thread on /mu/ with people posting glitchified album art and there are some Ae covers. Thought I'd share here if anyone's interested. The grey L-event would have to be my favorite, for sure

I wonder how they made the first one, with the subtle deformation of the edges and all.

That's just a whole lot of bass boost. It's one of the three I made.

i make mine by converting the image to a TIFF using photoshop, importing it into audacity as raw data with encoding set to 'a-law' and just fuckin around with it. here, i did oversteps

j4JNAt6.jpg

i make mine by converting the image to a TIFF using photoshop, importing it into audacity as raw data with encoding set to 'a-law' and just fuckin around with it. here, i did oversteps

I've fucked with other audio/pic tingz before, but I never did this technique. Just did it now. Pretty cool. Thanks!

Guest rd1994

I've fucked with other audio/pic tingz before, but I never did this technique. Just did it now. Pretty cool. Thanks!

and then you simply get the image by putting the audio thorugh spectogram?

and then you simply get the image by putting the audio thorugh spectogram?

After applying whatever effects you like in Audacity, you export the file as "Other uncompressed files", with the options being "RAW (header-less)" and U-Law or A-Law, depending on how you started. And be sure to have the file extension be whatever image format it was to begin with. In my case, .bmp

Guest rd1994

I wonder how they made the first one, with the subtle deformation of the edges and all.

That's just a whole lot of bass boost. It's one of the three I made.

what do you mean exactly "Bass boost"?

Archived