IGNORED

EPL (?) 14-15

tec

May as well begin one of these if anyone is interested. Predictions? Palace to drop with the departure of Pulis? Chelsea to reign with the return of Drogba?

For me it's either Chelsea or City's year, mainly I'm hoping the lack of Suarez means Liverpool get a cruel taste of reality and fall down the table again.

I really do consider Arsenal a contender this year, not just because I'm a fan. But the squad is starting to look exciting, even though it still lacks depth in certain defensive areas, but the transfer window is still open obviously. And hopefully the FA cup win will be a mental boost for this year, I hope the glorified friendly match (community shield) win is a indicator what's to come.

But it will probably go to Man City or Chelsea in the end. They are hard to compete with as things are now.

Liverpool might drop out of the top 4 again, way too much change in their squad (this year's Spurs?) and I'm not particularly impressed with their signings. It's really hard to predict Man Utd and Spurs, but I do expect that Man Utd will get somewhat back on track again. But Everton might the 4th team to fight a ChL place, they have the league's best manager at the moment and their squad looks soild if they don't run into too many injuries.

Relegation I think is between Aston Villa, West Brom, Burnley, Crystal Place, Southampton and QPR, but I think there are many teams who could potentially struggle this year.

Surpises might be Hull or Newcastle. Both teams have done okay in the transfer window. I'm also slightly excited about Leicester, even though they haven't been doing much strengthening, but they have a really soild foundation and by using the same squad, with the momentum they've got, might pay off in the end.

• 4 weeks later...

I love Van Gaal's press conferences. Just his WTF attitude with the press 90% of the time.

Think Chelski will probably nip it over Citeh, we'll squeak into fourth place with teh arse lying in third. Everton/Spurs/Pool all strong contenders as well. Lots of competition at the moment in the EPL.

This is probably going to be one of the best EPL seasons when it comes to drama and competitiveness but i just fallen out of love with football, i dont know what it is, i haven't watched a full game so far this season.

I'll watch qpr vs man united today, i hope its comical, maybe that will bring back my love for the game.

I'm a bit disillusioned by it too, either because Arsenal will be the same as last season or Chelsea will win the league with Cesc playing a large part in the victory, probably both.

Thoroughly enjoyed that

My boys could have been relegated last year and I still would have enjoyed the season watching Man United fuck up. I never thought I would see this in my lifetime. It's really quite a joy. Over the years all the pundits have had their noses right up manus ring and even last year when they were fucking abysmal, it was still rare to hear any of them totally slam the team. I don't think they're getting a champ league place again this year. It was fucking hilarious last week how big they started puffing their chest out because they got a win against shit opposition. Started getting really carried away afterwards so today's result is perfect. When Di Maria still doesn't have champions league football next season, how is he gonna feel about sticking around?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Fucking 75% possession and we cannot create any real chances beyond Rooneys in the opening minutes of the match.

I mean yes, we made Mourinho's vaunted Chelsea side scared of us enough to set up to play counter-attacking football, but we have to be able to score.

If carrick is there I think we win the match.

Arsenal may have the capacity to self-implode and make twats of themselves at any moment but it's still far preferable to being a Chelsea fan, what a boring and disgusting club.

Archived