IGNORED

Autechre - Live at The Rainbow, Birmingham UK (12/03/2010) [Youtube, audio only]

Guest jasondonervan

Guest jasondonervan

Just giving this a more permanent home for those not digging around in the live 2014 thread - it's a recording I had of the 'chre's set from the Birmingham night of the Oversteps tour back in 2010.

OH MENG

Thought you'd be happy with that :cool:

Very much so, I was stood towards on the back on a platform they had laid out for the sound desk predominantly. The whole thing was shaking, impossible to stand still.

Guest jasondonervan

Very much so, I was stood towards on the back on a platform they had laid out for the sound desk predominantly. The whole thing was shaking, impossible to stand still.

I'd say you were looking at the back of my head, if it weren't for the entire room being sunken into complete darkness as soon as the 'chre got going.

Did you see Russell Haswell and his lazors? That was pretty cool.

Guest bitroast

Just giving this a more permanent home for those not digging around in the live 2014 thread - it's a recording I had of the 'chre's set from the Birmingham night of the Oversteps tour back in 2010.

omg. the insane laughter in this 2010 recording sounds so similar to the insane laughter of the 2010 Melbourne recording. it's adds to that false sense of feeling familiar.

Guest jasondonervan

omg. the insane laughter in this 2010 recording sounds so similar to the insane laughter of the 2010 Melbourne recording. it's adds to that false sense of feeling familiar.

If it helps, it was a tall bald guy ripped off his tits. I specifically know this because he was looning around the whole floor in some sort of disjointed dance spasm that all the happening cool kids know as the 'having a seizure'. I didn't mind him, it just added to the flavour - not like he was able to drown out the phace-pummelling bass anyway.

I remember this 'CLONK CHANK CLONK CHANK' opener, remember thinking how your innards would probably implode if you were actually there.

I've been to many a night with ridiculous levels of bass on heavy duty systems, but that night in Birmingham was insane. Combination of a deep room with a high backwall resulted in bass assault front and rear (ooer), that recording does nothing to convey how tuff-going it was in the (melting) flesh. I want to experience it again! Hopefully I will soon...

I can concur that the London leg of the tour also induced vomit worthy levels of bass. Fuxkin lursh.

The bloc gig not so much - it was loud but the system in there was all over the place, no high range and a weird shaped room.

The London warehouse party was immense and I need another one soon.

I hung around with the guy who recorded this on the night - he used to post here, maybe he still does.

I can't listen to it incase I hear myself....

I've been lucky enough to dj on that rig in the Rainbow, crazy loud Funktion-1 system.

The most mental for volume Ae gig surely must be the Musicbox in Manchester for the Confield tour. Team Doyobi supported....

I'd say you were looking at the back of my head, if it weren't for the entire room being sunken into complete darkness as soon as the 'chre got going.

Did you see Russell Haswell and his lazors? That was pretty cool.

Yeah the lasers were amazing, that was the highlight of the night for the three mates I dragged along to this. They all literally fell asleep at some point in the Ae set - how I have no fucking clue.

Guest jasondonervan

Yeah the lasers were amazing, that was the highlight of the night for the three mates I dragged along to this. They all literally fell asleep at some point in the Ae set - how I have no fucking clue.

Haha, that's exactly what happened with a friend of mine as well. He was quite new to the 'chre at that point, although he had got started with the earlier albums and enjoyed them... their set was a little too much for him, but he's since told me he enjoyed the experience, even if he wasn't 'getting it'. But yes, his favourite part was also the laser show :lol:

So who was it then at the Rainbow who shouted 'Fuck off Russell' at the end of his errr, 'set'........???

I bet it was one of you lot!!!!!

Not me, but I do half-remember someone mouthing off something after he'd finished... folks be hungry for the 'chre, but that's no excuse really now, is it :sad:

I did too. I did chuckle a little but thought it was quite an unpleasant thing to say/do. Out of all th support acts on tours over the years I thought that it wasn't the best. Team Doyobi ruled, SND were interesting (i think the whole set was just a Machinedrum!!)

What i also find a bit weird is how everyone fucks off the instant Ae finish. Happens at every gig ive been to since the Musicbox in Manchester for the Confield tour. Poor Rob Hall, thats why they give him a go early on too as he was starting to feel unloved.

Archived