IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Since I seem to have gotten some interest here and irl, I'll pursue the club for a bay area release playback. My connection hasn't talked to the owner (Mighty) in a few years, so fingers crossed. Would people be wiling to drop $10?

If it doesn't work out, I'd be game to have some people over (or go elsewhere if someone has a better system).

PLEASE let the Singapore track be on it.

I only just heard it for the first time and… I must have it.

I've seen lots of videos of the Singapore show, is the Singapore track the one with the Amen?

That's the only track I've not heard anywhere else

A week away and I come back to new Aphex Twin release info *Joygasm* I definitely pre-ordered that shit immediately. Already had the day off to celebrate my birthday, now it's gonna be the real deal. Also great birthday surprise from Rich leaking some info. on the 18th. Thanks watmm for 87 pages of nothing and some of my day i'll never get back :tongue: too much anticipation now, need to go listen to some more Caustic Window LP :aphexsign:

heh, this.

The following is on Amazon Japan as one of the CD pre-order options, as translated by Google. Is there really going to be a CD with commentary? Can't imagine Mr. James doing anything like that... Bad translation?

Product Details

Syro [1 songs / domestic board band commentary bonus track] (BRC444) APHEX TWIN, Aphex Twin (2014)

¥ 2,484 CD

Reservation released soon. This product is scheduled to be released 2014

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/378-0464671-5304151?__mk_ja_JP=%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A&url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=Aphex+twin+Syro

Interesting, I've always wondered if AFX would delve into the mathematic side of music. Hopefully he'll incorporate some techniques that other artists have used in the past, like Tool.
"you know that shit you can't even hope to understand? Source field is a multiple of it"

lol

you thought people on the nerdiest 'idm' forum would know about their electronic physics :D

Guest tudikas

found this posted on reddit months ago...written a lot like the press release for the album.

or maybe just a really bad auto-translation?

either way, it makes perfect sense.

"After 200 years future generations thinks he was mozart of our age, poor stupids...

why: so many album single etc for a really short time, their music videos are mean for art. In every condition they listening feel different

Why stupidty: all electronic and based on loop, mainly simulate brain vibe patterns, easy to feel hard to explain, mono surrounds, simple somehow.

Little basic lesson Music is all about vibe vibe grows on rhtym rthym comes from heart
if your heart and music are in same bpm thats a good vibe In western music between two notes they have two stops In eastern music (specially classic turkish music) they nine different stops Your complete mind based on western music until you choose yours, and some day you found seven different tones from some where aaand like it, Because brain always hears them but not in tune so

If you were an hippie boy may it was shpongle, If you were an chicago guy it was acid jazz London boy PinkFloyd (early singles) Detroit skunk ( plastikman ) So there is a huge variety of vibrations What to do at first find and understand your vibe When you do it music will come and touch on time because its everywhere Everywhere"

Edited by tudikas

I for one am hoping that it is completely new material that hasn't been heard by the public.

I will be slightly disappointed if he uses material he has already shared with the public.

I for one am hoping that it is completely new material that hasn't been heard by the public.

I will be slightly disappointed if he uses material he has already shared with the public.

Yeah, same.

We already have Manchester, that's cool, but I'd rather have some new tunes than having Metz and Singapore in there too.

Yeah, same.

We already have Manchester, that's cool, but I'd rather have some new tunes than having Metz and Singapore in there too.

Yeah. The quality is shit but I'd rather have low quality Metz + high quality new instead of low quality Metz + high quality Metz.

The following is on Amazon Japan as one of the CD pre-order options, as translated by Google. Is there really going to be a CD with commentary? Can't imagine Mr. James doing anything like that... Bad translation?

Product Details

Syro [1 songs / domestic board band commentary bonus track] (BRC444) APHEX TWIN, Aphex Twin (2014)

¥ 2,484 CD

Reservation released soon. This product is scheduled to be released 2014

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/378-0464671-5304151?__mk_ja_JP=%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A&url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=Aphex+twin+Syro

bad translation as in 'complimentary' bonus track? I've pre-ordered this earlier as well, will let you know if it isn't figured out by they are shipped