IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

My 22 month old son (also a fan of Deerhoof) has taken to requesting Syro by name in the car followed by "I love Aphex Twin". He is not, however, a fan of the Analord series.

Make sure he isn't autistic (god forbid).

that's a shitty thing to say dick

My 22 month old son (also a fan of Deerhoof) has taken to requesting Syro by name in the car followed by "I love Aphex Twin". He is not, however, a fan of the Analord series.

jkx6xu.gif

Make sure you don't skip words inside brackets. Might be useful for you.

I think he is referring to the whole statement including what's inside the brackets. It's harsh to say the least. (That is what made me ask about autism in the first place, and I guess is being mocked by Triachus). It's brought up constantly here.. usually in that sort of context.

im not skipping anything. that was really fucking rude. you are super negative in all your posts and i just ignore your twattish nature but that comment struck a chord and i didn't like it.

im not skipping anything. that was really fucking rude. you are super negative in all your posts and i just ignore your twattish nature but that comment struck a chord and i didn't like it.

I am honestly sorry if I offended you. It's just I am interested in neurology and recalled some of the stuff I have read about music and kids' brains. It wasn't supposed to be rude or offensive.

EDIT: I don't think I am super-negative in all of my posts. You have to remember that every reader of a post puts his own emotions and imagination into interpretation of a text.

Edited by Jev

Guest LoveRhino

I'm glad somebody besides me said something. I was shocked on so many levels to see something like this written in response to my post. solidarity, brother.

Again. Yes. Thank you.

Guest LoveRhino

I am honestly sorry if I offended you. It's just I am interested in neurology and recalled some of the stuff I have read about music and kids' brains. It wasn't supposed to be rude or offensive.

EDIT: I don't think I am super-negative in all of my posts. You have to remember that every reader of a post puts his own emotions and imaigination into interpretation of a text.

Ah, fair enough. I'd already forgotten until someone brought it up. It's amazing how protective you can be about your kids damn cliches, I've become one. It's comforting. ?

Guest LoveRhino

Xmas Eve reminds me a lot of track 1 on AB5. I think it's the gurgling, warbling synth that comes in 33% of the way through. It oddly seems to sum up his past ventures by doing something new, the way that 26 Remixes ended up feeling like a retrospective/ best of even though the majority of the tracks did not appear on any of his EPs or albums in that form. After an initial hot and passionate affair I have fallen deeply and madly in love with Syro and every single one of its tracks.

Xmas Eve reminds me a lot of track 1 on AB5. I think it's the gurgling, warbling synth that comes in 33% of the way through.

yeah, paying attention to that little part really unlocked the track for me.

EDIT: I don't think I am super-negative in all of my posts. You have to remember that every reader of a post puts his own emotions and imaigination into interpretation of a text.

Ah, fair enough. I'd already forgotten until someone brought it up. It's amazing how protective you can be about your kids damn cliches, I've become one. It's comforting.

I wish only the best to your kid.

Guest LoveRhino

Ah, fair enough. I'd already forgotten until someone brought it up. It's amazing how protective you can be about your kids damn cliches, I've become one. It's comforting.

I wish only the best to your kid.

I think Circlont6 syrobonkus mix is my favorite on the album. its not that accessible. its challenging, a disjointed mess in ways, which makes that aphex melody oh so beautiful when it arrives. best part of the album for me. i love it

I listened to this through again yesterday, and it occurred to me that maybe I've not fallen in love with it is that it's perhaps a little too good.

Hear me out: I don't think it's perfect (aisatsana and 180db_ are out of place/a bit weak) but it's a little too even and level. As in, the tracks are a bit too produced and perfected, the album is for the most part very same-y in it's progression and tone. This isn't bad, in fact it's normally a quality I'd hope for from most artists; but from Aphex, I think it works against him.

Has any one of his albums been anywhere near this straightforward and direct? No, not at all. There's a wide variation of track styles and tempos and often genre-hopping. Syro just doesn't do any of that really (other than the previously-mentioned tracks), and I'm just realizing that's maybe one reason I'm not really impressed with Syro as a whole.

Don't get me wrong, it's got a lot of great tracks. But as an Aphex album, it doesn't grab me and force my attention, at least in the ways his other proper albums have. Guess he's in a different place now. Looking forward to the Acoustic EP :)

Edited by auxien