IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Does anyone else hear the super-secret barely there dubstep stabs on "syro u473t8+e [141.98][piezoluminescence mix]" @ 4.41..... ?????

dunno why but i love em!

sorry, but that track is all well and good right up until ~4 min; after that it's just silly crap like the majority of CIRCLON-syrobonkus.

Scrap tracks 6 & 9 and album gets 10x cooler. Replace with Night Train for best results.

edit: I concede that the Mont St Michelish bit in track 6 is admittedly groovy. Unfortunately, track on the whole simply fails to moisten.

Edited by doorjamb

^^^ the hell? 3:47 to the end is probably one of the crowning moments of the entire album. 4:56 - that fucking airy pad while the staccato lines are making love... how can one not love? How does one not hear the glory? The gated noise for the snare... lush voltage-spewing lines and squeaky bits...

I didn't like the track when I first heard it, but it has quickly become one of my favorites. Pure AFX magic.

Also, when listening to that part of the track on LSD, I thought he might have been really influenced by birds and the sound of wind for this track. A lot of the crazy high-end parts really remind me of bird calls for some reason - all talking to each other.

I'm still in disbelief that Rich is actually actively releasing music. It's great to hear what he's been up to and I'm happy that even though he owes us absolutely nothing - he still broke off a chunk of that AFX acid for us to chew on. Also, I feel like it shows, once again, just how lazy and unimaginative most popular music and musicians have become when it comes to developing their own sound and magic to spin spells into your brain. Thanks, you ginger loon. :emotawesomepm9:

i'm america's #1 4 bit booster. these days i think it's THE BEST aphex track. that can't be right, right?

It's by far my favorite off Syro. My computer says I've listened to it 80 times, and that's just on the computer lol nevermind off the vinyl or my ipod. Probably 500 times if you include those. =/

I'm addicted to it

i'm america's #1 4 bit booster. these days i think it's THE BEST aphex track. that can't be right, right?

It's by far my favorite off Syro. My computer says I've listened to it 80 times, and that's just on the computer lol nevermind off the vinyl or my ipod. Probably 500 times if you include those. =/

I'm addicted to it

i'm obsessed. i'm the guy that pulled it from the atm (atp?) bootleg and did the youtube trick to see if it was on the album. i made a song that uses the beat. i'm obsessed :)

Edited by coolandfrank

I'm addicted to it

i'm obsessed. i'm the guy that pulled it from the atm (atp?) bootleg and did the youtube trick to see if it was on the album. i made a song that uses the beat. i'm obsessed :)

Stunning track. 2:54 - 3:21 is probably my 2nd favourite moment of Syro, beaten only by the entirety of XMAS_EVET10. That build up is just insanely sad but quite hopeful at the same time. :)

I'm addicted to it

Stunning track. 2:54 - 3:21 is probably my 2nd favourite moment of Syro, beaten only by the entirety of XMAS_EVET10. That build up is just insanely sad but quite hopeful at the same time. :)

You know, that's the only reason xmas eve isn't my favorite track off syro. Even though it's one of my favorites of all time, it's almost 11 minutes.

4bit delivers in a short time, listenability/repeatability are two big factors in how often I've played 4bit.

Both are fucking immense though.

I'm addicted to it

You know, that's the only reason xmas eve isn't my favorite track off syro. Even though it's one of my favorites of all time, it's almost 11 minutes.

4bit delivers in a short time, listenability/repeatability are two big factors in how often I've played 4bit.

Both are fucking immense though.

Haha, I have many complaints in this world but none of them are that XMAS_EVET is too long! xD

Each to their own. :)

Edited by slate

Apparently Syro is a year old today. I could have swore it was the 22nd? Did it get an early Japan release or something?

Official release Friday the 19th, leaked on the 18th.

Apparently Syro is a year old today. I could have swore it was the 22nd? Did it get an early Japan release or something?

Official release Friday the 19th, leaked on the 18th.

I definitely remember it leaking on the 18th, but Google is coming up with the 19th, 22nd and 23rd as actual release dates. 22nd is the one that sticks out in my head, so I assume that's when it came out here in the UK?

• 2 weeks later...

You Guys - listening to Syro around this time of year is making me whistful.

On syro u473t8+e (piezoluminescence mix) right now and the funky opening got me dancing at my cube. I DONT EVEN CARE, I FEEL LIKE IVE BREACHD THE SURLY BOUNDS OF EARTH AND TOUCHED THE FACE OF GOD

I remember the exact route I was walking first time I listened to Syro. I should try to recreate my first Syro listening experience sometime soon. The weather's just about right for it.

The first time I listened to Syro was on the west face of Corona Heights in San Francisco, the sun was just setting and the grid of the city below was lighting up as the sun dimmed and the album progressed. Great first listen!

12-111.jpg

corona-heights-rock.jpg