IGNORED

SYRO Leaks and fake leaks thread

cooliofranco

its amazing how so many aphex twin imitators keep their sound palette so simplistic and non sound design oriented, it's as if most of them have no idea what makes Aphex twin so interesting

Yeah, it mostly sounds like a few plasticy presets and then a bunch of aimless micro editing.

Philosophically it's kind of interesting, though - like THAT'S what Aphex sounds like in your head?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skibby

its amazing how so many aphex twin imitators keep their sound palette so simplistic and non sound design oriented, it's as if most of them have no idea what makes Aphex twin so interesting

Yeah, it mostly sounds like a few plasticy presets and then a bunch of aimless micro editing.

Philosophically it's kind of interesting, though - like THAT'S what Aphex sounds like in your head?

http://pandawhale.com/post/14439/rihanna-i-have-drawn-you-oh-cool-bro

i used to think there were aphex fakes, now im not so sure anymore. i wanted to believe it was a secret chatmm comp or something.

why anyone would humour the idea that any of them were actually aphex is beyond me. Perhaps it is just trolling.

How can 'Thump' allow themselves to publish an article like this for example http://thump.vice.com/words/has-aphex-twins-new-album-syro-been-leaked

They are obviously so 21st century that they think an artist like aphex would release snippets and whole tracks, videos even immediately after he announced an album. Do your research Thump! Just appears to be ill-informed bandwagon journalism (if you can call it journalism)

I think they keep it within those parameters as means of convincing folks that it's the real thing, so they'll go for the quintessential Aphexy sounds but not break the mold too much. Theres some talented folks making the tracks and uploading the fakes and sitting back and watching the reaction, it's a good way to get stuff heard, but if it's too good they'll regret crediting someone else. But yeah, while there's decent beats there it's pretty easy to spot the imitators, even the good ones. They don't have the same resonance and attention to detail. When you hear a Syro track for the first time you'll know it's the real thing. Your ears don't lie, y'all.

why anyone would humour the idea that any of them were actually aphex is beyond me. Perhaps it is just trolling.

How can 'Thump' allow themselves to publish an article like this for example http://thump.vice.com/words/has-aphex-twins-new-album-syro-been-leaked

They are obviously so 21st century that they think an artist like aphex would release snippets and whole tracks, videos even immediately after he announced an album. Do your research Thump! Just appears to be ill-informed bandwagon journalism (if you can call it journalism)

vice is terrible

Guest skibby

i will admit when i first heard the fakes i knew they were fakes, but i thought they were making fun of themselves, like a sort of celebrity roast. then i learned the truth, that it was somebody suicide bommin their music. not sure the feel...

Guest skibby

uh oh, the fakes have mushroomed to proportions hitherto unknown. looking at youtube, more and more people are using Aphex Twin, Syro, and the track names on various things to get views. Its now impossible to quantify or take note of the fakes, because not even the faked songs are actually fakes. some of the tracks are actually youtube stock music.

Best fake by a mile imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn7RTNgGAT0

Wouldn't mind hearin more of this shit, it's wicked

nice

This is the most convincing fake I've heard, although I remain skeptical that this is RDJ.

Most of the other fakes sound like they either don't know RDJ's output ("oh, he's like Moby, right?") or they are simply technically or artistically incapable of reaching that level.

This comes from the same point of disappointment in my mind that is triggered when people say their favourite track is Come To Daddy; it seems that even when presented with something as arch and vast a Aphex Twin, they always go for the obvious, easiest common denominator. I suppose I am surpised and disappointed when people outwardly display their dull shit brains misunderstanding all the art out of something.

vice is terrible

vice news does some really amazing stuff. let them get some aphex traffic.

I have not given the time of day to any fakes.

In fact I might not even steal SYRO till it's out and 'quite good'.

Do you guys like disappointment or just have no ears?

Guest sonnyskare

hot like a steaming pile of shit?

No actually my opinion differs from yours, sorry to inform you about that. I actually enjoyed listening to it so you can screw off.

Archived