IGNORED

SYRO Leaks and fake leaks thread

cooliofranco

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Atom Dowry Firth

its amazing how so many aphex twin imitators keep their sound palette so simplistic and non sound design oriented, it's as if most of them have no idea what makes Aphex twin so interesting

Yeah, it mostly sounds like a few plasticy presets and then a bunch of aimless micro editing.

Philosophically it's kind of interesting, though - like THAT'S what Aphex sounds like in your head?

I don't think most of them do it because they believe they're as good as he is, they just do it because his music inspires them to be creative. Also probably because they enjoy it and it's fun. But yeah, most of it kind of ends up sounding like the audio equivalent of this

horse-bad.gif

hot like a steaming pile of shit?

No actually my opinion differs from yours, sorry to inform you about that. I actually enjoyed listening to it so you can screw off.

since you're new here I'm gonna cut you a break....today....so why don't you make like a tree, and get out of here.

Guest tudikas

sorry but 32 minutes into this and i have to ask why would you even need to listen to any fakephex leaks?

not saying it's rdj, but.....

Guest capitan mission

[sc5]165012645[/sc5]

?

he is russian so I am inclined to believe; why would he lie?

i dont get it, russians dont lie?

and if that is not fake i will burn all my aphex albums

attempted sarcasm. seems unlikely that the 3rd longest track would be drukqsy piano plonking (possible, but unlikely)...

mostly I just thought it was clever to upload it as a remix rather than a leak. makes it tougher to know whether it's fake or not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix1lBQvAHaM#t=175

posted this on the other thread

i must have listened to it 10 times already. It sounds like caustic window.

Wow, you're not kidding! That sounds just like his style. Then again, I can't tell Dave Monolith's sound apart from his later work, so maybe that's just me... (I mean, they do have differences, but not as much as every RDJ album is different to every other one.)

Guest capitan mission

best fake so far

that is pure shit, i could make it with any daw in 15 minutes, c mon. the real aphex will blow your mindz, like a prodigious child from sirius

Guest capitan mission

has this been posted yet?
i thought it sounded legit, if not a slowed down version of something off of drukqs

the guy who made this should not hide behind that "fake strategy"... really cool music

Richrud Jomes...Th'idiot? probably not but the artwork?...the artwork! I don't hear Ceephax in it, or Th'idiot for that matter. I do however hear topnotch Braindance from a pro.

Archived