IGNORED

Favourite techno artists that like their synth sounds?

lala

i remember a few crackers from back in the day - always a bit ambient for my techno sets. now im going to have to listen to his entire catalogue. cheers rich

Ken Ishii. I've listened to and loved a lot of techno but he remains as the most unique take on it. I may not even like a certain track of his but I'm always pleased by how innovative he is with his synthwork. I read an interview in the 90's and he said that he's very technical with gear as opposed to the "feel it out" approach most artists take. He said that he spent more time in the manuals. I believe it.

Yeah, Ken Ishii is pretty brilliant although I prefer the earlier stuff!

Pretty obvious, but Derrick May has a very lush sound, even though it's full of presets (which he denies...)

Ken Ishii. I've listened to and loved a lot of techno but he remains as the most unique take on it. I may not even like a certain track of his but I'm always pleased by how innovative he is with his synthwork. I read an interview in the 90's and he said that he's very technical with gear as opposed to the "feel it out" approach most artists take. He said that he spent more time in the manuals. I believe it.

yeah ken ishii always had a very weird sound, kinda black doggy but japanese? i remember a few i liked but never enough to buy them. my mate had some.

& i love 'nude photo' by derrick may. wicked quirky tune that

Archived