IGNORED

Aphex Twin - Syro

cear

I think we should continue talking for a few pages about whether or not this thread should exist. That'd be ideal, imo.

Should we set up a poll?

Maybe a comp in support of keeping the thread open, that'd gain some attention and raise awareness. Let's do that. :diablo:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

updated tracklist (first post) with links to live versions of the ones found out by jasondonervan + the 'interviews' so far..

any true important news stuff, please post it here too (for the people not willing to sift through 100s of pages) i'll add it to the first post

• 3 weeks later...

Should probably get off the case of people that don't like it guys. I've seen some very rude shunning on here to people that aren't into it. I know you're just playing stephen, so i'm not targeting you specifically, i just don't like the tone the plebian keepers of the faith have been taking.

oh, i'll be just as hated and they'll say that i only defended you lot because candidly i think this,

To me, it's 3rd pass jams from the vault, with smatterings of interesting bits, the bits that should have been worked out and on. It's not laboured over micronoodling with top notch a grade best practise synth noise, funk. I'm not disappointed though cause, it's nice to hear what he's been up to. It has probably lowered my expectations for future releases to less than nicely transitioning melodies over complex funky beats with non cheesy synths that don't over repeat, because apparently the direction now is leaving heaps of hiss from mic'ed instruments because it 'adds' to the magic of the sound you are recording and so on and so forth(could at least volume edit and eQ this hiss in an instresting wae, hahah (burn(sorry man)).

Nwae, all the best to him, he hasn't got to prove anything to anyone, so should at this stage in his life be able to just release what he likes and hopefully isn't deluded about his music in any way.

That moving to acoustic instruments thing is intresting to me, in that it's true that you can spend a lot of time fucking around in the DAW to liven up drum samples, not just in eQ but .. So in some way having that randomness built in to the process when using a live instrument must be some sort of a relief and a joy. From the bigger picture though, it's kind of funny to then obsess over the minutia (the hiss, etc) that occurs in this transition back to this older sound creation method that predates electronic music, rather than just incorporating it and getting on with it.

And that is just one direction my casual rant could of gone in, so many tangents of disapproval were possible, but who cares really.

oh, i'll be just as hated and they'll say that i only defended you lot because candidly i think this,

To me, it's 3rd pass jams from the vault, with smatterings of interesting bits, the bits that should have been worked out and on. It's not laboured over micronoodling with top notch a grade best practise synth noise, funk. I'm not disappointed though cause, it's nice to hear what he's been up to. It has probably lowered my expectations for future releases to less than nicely transitioning melodies over complex funky beats with non cheesy synths that don't over repeat, because apparently the direction now is leaving heaps of hiss from mic'ed instruments because it 'adds' to the magic of the sound you are recording and so on and so forth(could at least volume edit and eQ this hiss in an instresting wae, hahah (burn(sorry man)).

Nwae, all the best to him, he hasn't got to prove anything to anyone, so should at this stage in his life be able to just release what he likes and hopefully isn't deluded about his music in any way.

That moving to acoustic instruments thing is intresting to me, in that it's true that you can spend a lot of time fucking around in the DAW to liven up drum samples, not just in eQ but .. So in some way having that randomness built in to the process when using a live instrument must be some sort of a relief and a joy. From the bigger picture though, it's kind of funny to then obsess over the minutia (the hiss, etc) that occurs in this transition back to this older sound creation method that predates electronic music, rather than just incorporating it and getting on with it.

And that is just one direction my casual rant could of gone in, so many tangents of disapproval were possible, but who cares really.

i'm so mad at yoooou.

Archived