IGNORED

drinking scotch like a man

A Reggae Lee Bowyer

I could have sworn someone in this thread recommended dark chocolate with scotch. Maybe it was edited or I just saw it elsewhere online but fucking hell what a beautiful thing. I thought that chocolate and coffee was the ultimate combo until last night.

And that was just with JW double black and a bar of Lindt. I'll have to step them both up a notch next time.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could have sworn someone in this thread recommended dark chocolate with scotch. Maybe it was edited or I just saw it elsewhere online but fucking hell what a beautiful thing. I thought that chocolate and coffee was the ultimate combo until last night.

And that was just with JW double black and a bar of Lindt. I'll have to step them both up a notch next time.

this:

http://www.amazon.com/Lindt-Lindor-Truffle-Chocolate-3-5-Ounce/dp/B002RBOE66/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1408903662&sr=8-3&keywords=chocolate+truffle+bar

with a single malt nice and peaty scotch, maybe bruichladdich

divine

That's a good idea.. like taking 5-htp & others. We have a 'happy landings' concoction for those days after clubbing - never thought of charcoal for the booze, getting it at the source rather than treating the symptoms of the hangover

Yeah, I know about the "after rave" type of concoctions. I take New Mood (https://www.onnit.com/new-mood/). I've also found some really interesting texts about protecting your brain while partying by supplementing pre-drop. There's a lot of stuff you can take to avoid neurotoxicity from E.

this:

http://www.amazon.com/Lindt-Lindor-Truffle-Chocolate-3-5-Ounce/dp/B002RBOE66/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1408903662&sr=8-3&keywords=chocolate+truffle+bar

with a single malt nice and peaty scotch, maybe bruichladdich

divine

Fuck that at 60% cocoa. The extra dark I had last night was 85% and I think they had a 90% which I would try next.

You buy this :

lagavulin-16-ans-70cl.jpg

You poor it into this type of glass :

glencairn-whisky-glass-mybottleshop.jpg

You don't put a fucking rock or an ice into it. Never do that. Instead, you poor perhaps 1:10 ratio of water at room temperature. A few drops, nothing more. Not all Scotch need that, but something like Lagavulin or any Islay-type needs that.

Turn that shit inside the Glencairn. Put your nose deep into it and smell. Drink a little, let it poor inside your mouth. Swallow it and enjoy that deep, intense burn that lasts forever it seems. Repeat until drunk.

The problem with doing this until drunk is Jesus fuck those glencairns break when you just look at them funny. They're cheap enough I guess (relatively, in scotch terms) but wish they were a bit more robust. A few laphroaig quarter casks in and things get dangerous.

Some love for Irish Whiskey? I'm gonna pick up a bottle Redbreast 12 because I've heard good things.

Yeah that's worth it, I liked it a lot and kept thebottle so I'd remember to try it again sometime. Or if you can find one called Connemara, that one is really excellent - very distinct smoky aftertaste, lovely flavor.

For those who don't know Irish Whiskey is distilled 3 times whereas Scotch is usually distilled twice, so it's usually considered quite a bit smoother. I like to drink it neat, I usually have a glass at beditme on the weekends while I read (it takes me a while to get to sleep usually). Can't stand it with water. Take a small sip, let it sit on your tongue for a little while, see how it lingers in your sinuses after you swallow it.

I think I'll go have some right now actually :cisfor:

i used to drink scotch when i was a kid, now i just think that it's feral. So in a way, you've never matured as a man if you kept drinking that bollocks.

true story.

COMG13y.jpg

Sorry that's all I was thinking of while reading that

it's funny dealing with kids and their whole "oh this is incredble" and we go yes, if you realise what incredible actually means, i'm on board with that definition, so carry on with your somewhat bouncy moment which i care little about but will sell as cool cause you know, i don't wanna upset the dlapple fart ..

really though kids, whatever you hate about me matters little when you can board the "that fuckit has got to deal with an house inspection tomorrow" you'll be in i hate that cunt nervana before you know it. just considering this qit. [-;

/goes to bed somewhat by way of my elvis thread.

And that was just with JW double black and a bar of Lindt. I'll have to step them boh up a notch next time.

Definitely a great combo. Having a nice bath session with good scotch, chocolate and musiks is the best time. That double black is the only JW I like btw, nice and smoky.

Mostly a Glenfiddich 12 man here but just got a 15 yo one which I'm very curious about. Also got a Talisker 10 and Bowmore 12 here but the Bowmore was a bit disappointing. Besides that someone gave me a blended scotch yesterday called Pig's Nose. Mostly not a blended scotch fan but that one's pretty nice.

I can see myself getting into decent scotch in the future. Rather looking forward to the journey of discovery. Though I like them I generally I swerve away from spirits, I like gin and tonic and bourbon (not in the same glass heheh) though I can count the times on one hand how many times I've touched those this year. I never drank cheap scotch as a teenager as even putting my nose within 30 cm's of it, I'd gag.

Those pictures of whiskey cocktails look lush, mmmm.

Those pictures of whiskey cocktails look lush, mmmm.

a good whiskey sour is a wondrous thing.

or add a teaspoon of egg white into the shaker to make it another type of enjoyable

wtf is up with scotch and coke?????/?? are u guys for real? no scotch cocktails - ever!

bourbon and rye however. goddamn - a top shelf manhattan is maybe the best drink of all time. two, you're on cloud nine. three -- mistakes were made.

Archived