IGNORED

Manual - Memory and Matter

Chris Toffer

Forthcoming 2CD compilation of remixes and rarities from the last seven years entitled "Memory and Matter".

It will be released on October 7 on Darla Records. Disc 1 collects the finest cuts in the warm, blissed-out, shoegazy style - including this piece which was originally released on a super limited split EP with Orange Crush - whereas disc 2 is entirely comprised of much darker, more abstract and minimal pieces similar to Confluence.

Lush as fuck.

This is so excellent, I must have this.

Man, when are we going to get a follow up to Confluence? Always felt like his ambient work was his best.

Dude, disc two of this is all ambient. From Darla's release page:

'The latter (second disc) adds an excellent postscript to Confluence - an album that has gained near-classic status in ambient/drone circles since it's release in 2008.'

Confluence always puts me in a trance. It seems like as soon as I put it on, it's over and I'm like, wait, it can't be over already.

Miraparque is one of his best tracks! I love that 2 CD comp he put out in '07 of rarities so this one will fill in the gaps since then hopefully!

i love that 2 CD comp too! I believe i bought it... from you!

This is so excellent, I must have this.

Man, when are we going to get a follow up to Confluence? Always felt like his ambient work was his best.

Dude, disc two of this is all ambient. From Darla's release page:

'The latter (second disc) adds an excellent postscript to Confluence - an album that has gained near-classic status in ambient/drone circles since it's release in 2008.'

Confluence always puts me in a trance. It seems like as soon as I put it on, it's over and I'm like, wait, it can't be over already.

Ah nice. Don't know if I'll pick it up just for the second disc though.

Miraparque is one of his best tracks! I love that 2 CD comp he put out in '07 of rarities so this one will fill in the gaps since then hopefully!

i love that 2 CD comp too! I believe i bought it... from you!

You sure did, along with like 30 others! You helped me be able to stay in the US during 2012 ;)

I hate to admit this but I've never sat down and listened to Confluence before. I went and bought it off the Darla website last night, and put it on when I got to work this morning. 65 minutes later I snapped out of my trance, and it actually took me a couple minutes to wake myself up again. I mean that as a huge compliment.

So yeah, I want this now.

• 3 weeks later...

The Annie Barker remix is really something, but it's not even the standout. This is a can't miss for Manual fans. Very ethereal stuff. I can't get it out of my head.

I'm already familiar with a few of the tracks (that Blue Foundation remix is one of my favourite remixes of all time), but I'm super excited to hear the album in its entirety. I have an exam on the day that this comes out on CD and I'm using it as a reward for all the study.

Archived