IGNORED

2014 the year of aphex

sergeantk

So lads, we finally got the missing Caustic Window LP, and now we are getting a whole new album (with likely proper releases of Metz, Singapore, and Manchester). Aphex has delivered.

Makes me wonder about that infamous 2010 interview where he said he had like 6 albums ready for release. I am excited for what waits on the horizon. Anything is possible.

Also, what the hell are the people who said BoC and Aphex would never release anything doing with themselves? (Probably saying the new material is shit)

aphex retired?

crying-sad-planet-earth-6653660.jpg

I think he has released the exact music the world needed to be a better place.

my world is a better place because of new Aphex, for sure

Also, what the hell are the people who said BoC and Aphex would never release anything doing with themselves? (Probably saying the new material is shit)

I was one of those people. I tend to set my expectations low, and when it comes to my favorite recluse artists, that means I don't expect anything from them beyond what I have. You might say that's a pessimistic way to approach life, but I say it's a coping mechanism that keeps me sane.

That said, 2013-2014 has been very good to us so far. Super-pumped.

As soon as Joyrex mentioned he was retiring I knew something was up!

The thing is, I recall in the late '90s that Aphex said this before. If I recall correctly, he said he was retiring after "Windowlicker". So that seems to be either something he says to mess with his fans, or it's something he sincerely goes back-and-forth about. Either way, I don't care: he always releases top-shelf shit. So eager for 23 September!!1!1!!!!@ph3X!!!

I was one of those people. I tend to set my expectations low, and when it comes to my favorite recluse artists, that means I don't expect anything from them beyond what I have. You might say that's a pessimistic way to approach life, but I say it's a coping mechanism that keeps me sane.

I was very skeptical about BoC releasing anything. Now enjoying Tomorrow's Harvest. I gladly admit I was wrong. I don't see what's the problem?

But I still don't believe RDJ has 6 finished albums waiting for release. :cisfor: I mean come on. Prove me wrong, Richard!

Archived