IGNORED

Desolate London 5th September

MadameChaos

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool video. Did you film it all?

Would love to attend but its pretty unlikely I'll be able to get along. Even if I did make it, I have work Saturday morning so I'd have to leave way before the end to get back to Oxford!

Good luck and hope it goes well. There seems to be a gap in the market for pure electronic music nights. Centrifuge used to run some good events but they seem to gave given up.

Yes I did film it all. It's actually a shortened version but I won't bore you with the details. So sad you can't make it. Maybe the next one? I'm hoping there is a market for it as I like it and want to continue. I have a few great headliners and new artists lined up for the next six months at least. Lets see how it goes.

Super happy about this one not being on a school night - just have to work out the night bus route from wherever The Stokey Stop is (sounds far, is it far, sounds far !)

From ol' western parts o' London. Ah I see it's a likkle bit North of the last'un, now to get on an' do night bus research whilst I'm still sober! Lookin' forward to ee

Seem to have gone full on Debbonshire with this post.

Aye, bloody ridiculous price - In the 8 years of living here I can count on my left hand the number of times I've paid for a taxi. Whereas night buses are free (well if you've a travel card), though I've seen games of Mornington Crescent played with more logic than the night bus system

For those (most) of you who don't know what Mornington Crescent is -

I usually am pretty screwed post closing time of the tube. I know the central area of london pretty well, but as soon as I venture outwards I get completely lost. I mean look at this bus map, this is just one little section of the thing :

plan_bus_nuit_londres.jpg

How anyone is meant to follow it I have no idea !

I usually am pretty screwed post closing time of the tube. I know the central area of london pretty well, but as soon as I venture outwards I get completely lost. I mean look at this bus map, this is just one little section of the thing :

plan_bus_nuit_londres.jpg

How anyone is meant to follow it I have no idea !

what the?

=/ that doesn't make any sense

Maybe if they overlayed different routes in different colours so you could cycle through quickly from N1 to whatever, until you found a path that looked useful then linked it up with the next area in the same manner and so forth. Might be a time passing sort of fun. It could be mixed in with the time table, so that you set the time so non running buses won't display as you cycle through.

that's how my city's transit map is. if you zoom in on the map of the city it highlights exactly where each bus route drives

http://www.calgary.ca/_layouts/cocis/DirectDownload.aspx?target=http%3a%2f%2fwww.calgary.ca%2fCS%2fIIS%2fDocuments%2femaps%2ftransit_map.pdf&noredirect=1&sf=1

sorry uh.... totally off topic. srry MC

Ah well it's not as bad a Seaton eh? Last bus at 7pm. Lol!

Aye true - I used to live in Rousdon prior, when I was young we had *one* bus going to Exeter, once a week ! (think it was Satuday 8.30 am and then left Exeter at 5.30pm, if you missed that one - tough !)

holy macaroni (re: map). Maybe they have an ap. and you can pin where you are and want to go and it'll give you directions and times. [-;

Luckily yep there is, I have about 3 of them and between them I usually can work out how to get home. No idea how proper drunk folk would manage it !

MC - Congrats on getting this project so consistently realised by the way, they've all been so good and they must be a nightmare to get organised. So hats off ! (I don't own a hat)

thanks for all the kudos guys!

i must say though that my motivation is mainly selfish as i put them on because i wanted to go to nights like it.

just a reminder that the event is tomorrow, set list is as follows...

Desolate Schedule.JPG

see you there guys! :D

Archived