IGNORED

Vladislav Delay - Visa

doublename

• 2 weeks later...

I normally can't get into wanky freeform electronic music like this, but this album is catching my ear well, for the most part. I've never actually purchased a Vladislav Delay album before, but this might have to be my first. Well done stuff.

I cancelled my pre-order after hearing the stream. I only enjoy about half of his releases anyway so I'm not surprised, just a little disappointed. I found this particular album profoundly irritating. Is it technically impressive? I'm not sure, and I don't care. He can do much better, and should have.

No love for Multila? Do you like his stuff as Uusitalo or Luomo?

Multila always sounded a little too claustrophobic and muddy to me production wise. It's a good album though obviously. Tulenkantaja is a nice album as well, but I don't find myself listening to it very often. I'll have to check out some more Uusitalo releases actually, and I'm sure I've heard any Luomo. The guy has so many releases that it's hard to keep track

And I purchased this, and I've been listening to it a lot, and trying to absorb it.

The tracks seem to convey more a narrative than much stuff that I listen to regularly. The varied sounds, instruments, parts, all interplaying and changing (seemingly) based on one another's actions, creates a story-like structure to the tracks. The first track really exemplifies this; it's like hearing a conversation, or a jazz band. Not everything is perfect, but that imperfection becomes a trigger, a part of the path the music follows from there on.

This is fantastic. Not sure if I'll like it more than Kuopio but we'll see.

fuck it. Multila is amazing.

QFT. Huone always gets the easy love, but it's the 2nd half of the album that really melts my face.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh, hi there thread!

I bought this on Boomkat because it was on sale, samples unheard. Psyched to receive my copy now! VD always worth hearing, in my opinion.

Longstanding Finnish producer Sasu Ripatti

He should sit down, then. I'll show myself out.

That said, his early ambient & Luomo works were by far the best.

Archived