IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Syro Listening

jhonny

fucking lottery. what horseshit. just do it in a fucking field and let everyone come.

I would go to this.

It will be full of hipsters dressed as normcore victims, drinking tea and sporting dashing beards!

Hating on hipsters is so hipster right now.

not to be a meta-contrarian but actually hating on other people for hating on hipsters is technically the hipster thing to do

PHD = post-hipster document

I'm mistaken. No hate was conveyed in either statement. I retract my comment and apologize.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More than a decade of pleading for a new Aphex Twin album and people are going to clamor at leaks. It's almost funny.

maybe. i have pre-ordered the 3 x vinyl.

drukqs was out almost 2 months before its release date. Bought the vinyl ( still got it sealed) when it was availble and later the cds too. ofcourse i will download Syro.why not ?

More than a decade of pleading for a new Aphex Twin album and people are going to clamor at leaks. It's almost funny.

maybe. i have pre-ordered the 3 x vinyl.

drukqs was out almost 2 months before its release date. Bought the vinyl ( still got it sealed) when it was availble and later the cds too. ofcourse i will download Syro.why not ?

That's totally fair. Personally, I suppose I'd prefer to wait until I have the product in my hand and play the 3xLPs when I get them - to savor it - rather than getting the quick fix leak after such a long AFX drought.

Guest tudikas

it would be really awkward to hear this album for the first time in a room full of strangers, what with the permachub, goosebumps, drooling, loss of motor control, etc.... i wanna be in private so i can go full retard.

it would be really awkward to hear this album for the first time in a room full of strangers, what with the permachub, goosebumps, drooling, loss of motor control, etc.... i wanna be in private so i can go full retard.

This guy has a point... I know I'm gonna go Thom Yorke at some point on my first listen

This guy has a point... I know I'm gonna go Thom Yorke at some point on my first listen

Agreed, I want to hear this at home, few beers and a slab of smoked bacon in the fridge, nice loaf of fresh bread, spliff ready to burn if need be. Not standing around with a bunch people I don't know.

guys dont forget that listening parties dont look like this

1024px-Colombian_Party_Cartel._Photo_by_

but this

katy-perry-prism-album-listening-party-0

... or this

0.jpg

The people in the top picture are the same ones in the middle picture but afterwards out at a club listening to some mediocre house. /pretty sure that's how it would be with these media and marketing types that probably have terrible taste in music/ The bottom picture is exclusive to BoC fans. heeh.

There was a reference to a Montreal listening party in one of the larger Syro artwork ( for the LP's I believe ) so either that plan was dropped along the Seattle or there will be a second wave of listening parties before the release.

I'm not a fan of attending these things either, but this record will be a part of my daily life either way and hopefully it will be played loud on a good system, so I would go if I had the opportunity.

No spliffs on first listenings, Rich's music is a drug in itself. My fridge humming is interesting after a spliff. I prefer to wait to be sickeningly ultra-familiar with the tracks until an opportunistic altered consciousness will shed new light or reveal a new perspective. Fenix Funk 5 was one such experience, the track had never clicked sober but then after a spliff I was moving at light speed in the infinity of cosmos until that harpsichord-like outro broke my heart.

Archived