<3 <3 <3 MoM

Title and cover look terrible but this has the potential to be awesome. Or forgettable, dunno. I really liked their last 2 releases (WOW, Spezmodia) but they seem to have slipped through the cracks of our imaginary subterranean fan club.

Also for anyone interested a short while ago they did a 21st anniversary "MoMcast" 2-hour megamix comprised of "Mouse On Mars' favourites of their 21 years band history." Free d/l & definitely worth checking out if you want to keep your card-carrying fanboy status active.

<3 <3 <3 MoM

Title and cover look terrible but this has the potential to be awesome. Or forgettable, dunno. I really liked their last 2 releases (WOW, Spezmodia) but they seem to have slipped through the cracks of our imaginary subterranean fan club.

Also for anyone interested a short while ago they did a 21st anniversary "MoMcast" 2-hour megamix comprised of "Mouse On Mars' favourites of their 21 years band history." Free d/l & definitely worth checking out if you want to keep your card-carrying fanboy status active.

no love for parastrophics?

I didn't get around to spezmodia but WOW was actually awesome and if it was a release by a hot new artist like actress it would be lauded as the future of electronic music. It was a lot like an actress release -- stripped down, short compositions, except they were fun and silly instead of being coupled with paper thin conceptual posturing.

Haha I turn any thread into an actress sucks thread. Anyway some of the collab artists look great - hope this turns out well!

no love for parastrophics?

Actually nothing but love for parastrophics (seemed that way for the whole watMoM massif too when it came out)... though I got the sense that the 2 releases that followed were too quickly dismissed as "oh yeah, Mouse on Mars fuckin' round the studio again, cool ep bros" when actually there's quite a bit of substance to them. Love their older stuff obviously but the dudes are still keepin' it fresh...

Oh and D-lo you should definitiely check out spezmodia (an quit hatin on Actress, manz :cisfor: )... it's like the feral cousin of WOW and has hall & oates on the cover ffs

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome! I'm excited to hear the funkstorung collab especially. Were any of these tracks released previously?

I love Parastrophics, but I wasnt crazy about WoW and Spazmodia. The tracks on WoW sounded great live, but the studio versions really fell flat to me. I love just about everything else they've ever done. Idiology and Niun Niggung are among my favorite albums ever made.

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to checking this out :music:

Also I hope (but doubt) all the peel sesh & other extra stuff on the ltd edition box is made available digitally. I can't afford name brand soda ffs, nevermind $100+ box sets!

MoM needs more attention IMO. I've only heard 2 tracks off this release on youtube (the full thing isn't out yet is it?) but they're incredible tracks. Beautiful melodies, nice sounds, mixing/mastering is spot on.

Really great artists MoM are...

• 2 weeks later...

guys seriously don't sleep on this. it's fucking awesome as usual. that modeselektor one is great

ASTOUNDING how this place isn't raving mad for MoM but would rather discuss clark??? clark is great but come on people MoM have twice as much stellar material.

guys seriously don't sleep on this. it's fucking awesome as usual. that modeselektor one is great

ASTOUNDING how this place isn't raving mad for MoM but would rather discuss clark??? clark is great but come on people MoM have twice as much stellar material.

Name one fartist name who's not from english-speaking country and gets raving on WATMM, i checked "most replies" and there is only Aleksi Perala (UK Rephlex old-timer) and Daft Punk (with largely american production) on page one. Xenophobic much, WATMM?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived