IGNORED

All aphex night at my Bar in Bushwick

hayhook

Hey NY/Bklyn watmmers I'm wanting to have an all Aphex night at my bar in Brooklyn. I'll be playing all the RDJ on my iPod while I bartend on the early side but wonder if any of you have the collection and DJ, and would want to spin a Syro release party into the wee hours. Probably on a Wednesday or Thursday? The week of the 23rd or the following? PM me... Let's see if we can work something out.

hey i live in bushwick as well! what bar? I've never dj'd in my life. but i have hooked an iphone up to some speakers before! oh and I dont drink. but can chill pretty hard. and dance pretty hard if the vibe is right.

we have two 1200's and a mixer (our backroom we have DJs play every weekend) alot play all vinyl many bring their own computers/serato et al...

PS pay is 10% cut of bar sales while yer spinning, and free drinks.

This is a great idea [= if my wife doesn't explode before then, I'll be there! It's very, very close to our due date though.

Either way cheers Hayhook and have an awesome night!

word. sadly has to be a wed or thurs as our weekends are booked so far out... would love y'all to round-robin

we've got a couple weeks to nail it down,

we did an all aphex night once before about 2 years ago and it was epic. sadly the dj who did it last time is all booked up. :/

if it comes to a vote, mine is for thurs. gotta look after the lil' idmer on wed night

word. sadly has to be a wed or thurs as our weekends are booked so far out... would love y'all to round-robin

we've got a couple weeks to nail it down,

we did an all aphex night once before about 2 years ago and it was epic. sadly the dj who did it last time is all booked up. :/

Just re-joined the forum (used to be active around 2005, randomly lurking since then) to say:

Hey, I live in Bushwick! Literally around the corner from Tandem (Wilson ave between Troutman and Jefferson). Love the place.

I have a decent Aphex vinyl collection (Drukqs, SAW II, On, Ventolin, Windowlicker, Come to Daddy, ICBYD) and would love to participate.

My DJ skills are limited, but I know how to cue a track and would love to hear some of my 45rpm stuff at 33 in a club.

Hey colunga, I used to live on Melrose last year, close to Knickerbocker. What's your favorite place to eat around here?

Ah, why am I not surprised to find other heads in Bushwick? lol

I was so excited to see the symbol painted outside the Morgan ave train station.

That's when I knew...

vwMin.gif

will try to nail down a date that's not booked yet and see what we can do...

either way will be doing an all aphex(and aliases) happy hour the thursday of release week (25th?) for sure.

The new album, some Caustic LP, and the more "bar friendly" stuff (not too much full out bangers so we

don't drive people away during dinner...)

• 3 weeks later...

looks like no "club night" for the release, due to other bookings, but Thurs the 25th will be an all Aphex happy hour 6-8 or longer if people are feeling it.

$4 beer/shot $4wells $1off Drafts $1off Chartreuse shots :)

Yeah I probably couldn't get down there before 9. Is Tandem Bar one room-- and there's a booking there so you can't play mostly AFX after 8? I think it would be fun to meet fellow NYC WATMMers but if there's a booking playing music I don't know, well, that's another deal. I don't mean to be a dink about this, but I get limited opportunities for hanging out (newborn at home)!

Archived