IGNORED

Dollarstore Keyboard

omnii

I started this song a few years ago. I got it to a point where i knew what i wanted it to be, but couldn't seem to find the sounds no matter what i tried. The simple early version of this has been marinating in my brain and my ipod until just recently when a wave of inspiration overcame me, and i'm really happy with what it turned in to. At the moment i feel like it is finished but i need to live with it a little longer before i'm sure.

https://soundcloud.com/dollarstore-keyboard/teacup-falls

really enjoy the melody when it kicks in. The percussive hits sound a bit plain for my taste, I would probably have reverb (more reverb?) on them if it were my track, otherwise really great composition and emotion. Keep it up!

really enjoy the melody when it kicks in. The percussive hits sound a bit plain for my taste, I would probably have reverb (more reverb?) on them if it were my track, otherwise really great composition and emotion. Keep it up!

I really appreciate your feedback! I am taking in to consideration what you said about the percussive hits, listening back i think you are totally right. Thanks!

i like this. got a subtlety that is appealing. it slyly creeps up :)

Much appreciated! That's exactly what i was going for!

interesting synths + melody, but the percussion sounds a bit off (not sure if that was intentional on your part), as unique and playful as it is.

interesting synths + melody, but the percussion sounds a bit off (not sure if that was intentional on your part), as unique and playful as it is.

Thanks so much for your feedback! I'm curious to hear what you mean by the percussion sounding "off", do you mean it sounds out of tune with the track or out of sync with the melody, or something else? I spend so much time on these tracks that weird things can sound natural to me, and this kind of feedback is invaluable.

The work shows man! Very nice synth work, I like the bass and melody :~)

Thank you very much! Especially happy to hear you like the bass, i found that to be the most challenging part of making this track.

Archived