IGNORED

Breakdowns at the beginning

Guest Phonejack

Guest Phonejack

This has to be one of my favorite things that ae do. Fleure, Gantz Graf, Chenc9, Acroyear2, LCC, etc. It seems most of Autechre's fastest tracks have their fastest parts at the beginning and then they sort of chill out and collapse towards the end. It kicks so much ass.

I've had an inkling for a long time (recently especially) that Sean and Rob will remix each other on the same track. Take 1 1 is for example. The first half one of them made and then handed over to the other to completely morph it into something else, or vice versa. There are a lot of tracks on Exai that have that pattern. It's very possible especially if they are working within the same production workstation. Like they create the "Exai" foundation that they can both work in and share / remix each others sounds, sets, etc. I mean it's just a thought but still a cool idea nonetheless. I only wish I could do it with someone

Yeah, that's a good way of looking at it. Also, from personal experience (in live jams), sometimes the buildup to the intense section is largely uninteresting (ie. spending a lot of time fucking around with sounds until everything sounds right), so starting intense and deconstructing it is a better option.. Kinda fits in with the idea that most of Autechre's tracks are edited jams.

Guest Phonejack

I've had an inkling for a long time (recently especially) that Sean and Rob will remix each other on the same track. Take 1 1 is for example. The first half one of them made and then handed over to the other to completely morph it into something else, or vice versa. There are a lot of tracks on Exai that have that pattern. It's very possible especially if they are working within the same production workstation. Like they create the "Exai" foundation that they can both work in and share / remix each others sounds, sets, etc. I mean it's just a thought but still a cool idea nonetheless. I only wish I could do it with someone

that sudden change in deco loc is probably another instance of this.

Yeah, it's a pretty awesome technique. Something I've kinda stolen from them for some of my own work!

these days my trick is to slap a gentle fade out on the beginning, throughout a whole track. works every time! :cat:

i used to use steep fade outs but i was terrible, really! :facepalm: >>> ¨¨¨\.............................................................

Archived