IGNORED

Objekt - Flatland

peanoot3

Still don't get this at all, it's so boring and clinical. Thought it was pretty funny to read this in the thread about watching artists produce:

It would be tedious beyond belief...like watching someone fill in a tax return....I saw an interview with Objekt where he says he doesn't agree with the whole spontaneity is better than painstaking effort and craft...I'm definitely in his camp on this one....

Because that's what this album sounds like to me too, tedious, self-conscious, extremely polished but empty, no spontaneity at all just the sound of someone trying very hard.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

i dunno man.

still enjoying this album immensely !!

still keen to see where objekt goes in future

:music: :music: :music: :music: :music:

:music: :music: :music: :music: :music:

Guest bitroast

i think its a solid album with fantastic technique. Sure a bit sterile and not much to incite the feelings but still I can appreciate it for what it is.

yeah. my only criticism is the album kind of starts with a big bang and then drops the momentum for a good chunk of the middle of the album.

wouldn't say it's a bad album or anything to complain about but it's still hard to think about the album without (mentally) acknowledging the drop of momentum that occurs. HAVING SAID THAT, i think the guys got top skillz and the tunes are well wicked innit :0

Was listening to this set last night (download enabled) and its wicked fun. Looking forward to his set at the autechre gig, hope he's not on 5-6am or something silly like that though, my brain won't be able to cope by then.

• 1 month later...

I downloaded a bunch of his EPs from boomkat, really good stuff. The album is quite different buy overall he does have a unique sound.

I agree with the comments before that the LP does sound quite clinical compared to the EPs which are quite freeform club bangers.

Hope for some new music soon

Guest bitroast

lol.

what singles are good?

only recently got onto the dopplereffekt single and that track is mint (dopplereffekt side at 33, objekt at 45 amirite lads ?? )

Nice. Found a youtube playlist with 3 EPs in series. Was nice listen. By end it was entering Flatland level vibes again :>

They are the ones I got from Boomkat, together with the hessle audio release and the Dopplereffekt split. Great stuff.

Would be nice to hear a new EP from him soon, see where his sound goes next

Archived