Objekt - Flatland

peanoot3

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Deco Balcony

Wahey! Sounding amazing so far, was hoping he'd use the space on the album to explore things that weren't necessarily mixable dance music - will undoubtedly take a few listens to digest properly but I'm liking the fact that tracks like Strays sound much different to previous stuff

yeah really nice, but maybe almost a little too good? his stuff is just this kind of production masterclass existing as the perfect median between every electronic genre of the last 20 years but weirdly feels kind of neutered because of it? like someone who's really generically beautiful not having much character. another funny thing is how that mix of genres basically ends up being a more bolstered version of some kind of early 00s "idm".

ratchet and strays are especially good on first listen though.

i can agree to an extent but isnt this the reason people get all over afx..

I think his music shines through, pre ordered this shit on one listen! Surprised but very happy to see it on PAN too

also wanted to say he aint 23, just misread

just listened to flatland- its a sonic masterpiece: very alien, crystal clear and sharp sounds, noisy,mostly non repeative, hypnotic beats.

It really sounds like he put 2 years in that album and that is impressive !

Last.fm bio:

Adventures in machine music built to make subs rattle and feet wiggle; a convoluted mess of elektrology and teknology, 3-step, bass-core, post windmill, proto-minimal wankstep, gondola, shithouse, acid wonk, ambient gabber, no more, no less.

:music:

I haven't been able to listen to the whole thing yet... and I'm not sure how I feel about what I did hear, but I want to listen to it better/louder/more attentively before saying something I might regret later on. :whistling:

Archived