IGNORED

Faith No More To Release New Album After 18 Years

triachus

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/faith-no-more-to-release-first-album-in-18-years-plot-u-s-tour-20140902

what is it with some silent-for-over-a-decade musicians lately

MONEY

word, but i'll throw them the benefit of the doubt, especially that they're in complete control of the album. Should be a curious listen if nothing else.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/faith-no-more-to-release-first-album-in-18-years-plot-u-s-tour-20140902

what is it with some silent-for-over-a-decade musicians lately

MONEY

They've been touring for a while now, and Patton is definitely not the kind of guy who makes music for the money

after hearing "motherfucker" at their Hyde park gig, a lot less excite now.

It's not the best thing I've heard from them; the chorus is pretty nice though. I can imagine it being a good album opener.

All of their previous albums were amazing. It'll be hard to top the Angel Dust–Album of the Year streak but cmon, it's fkn Faith No More!

New Aphex album after 13 years

New FNM album after 18 years

What's next? I vote for Tupac resurrection

Actually, I think Tupac "is actually supposed to come out in September". Not an album, but he's supposed to return from Cuba.

Tupac coming back is one of the few music events that could actually sap holy shit points from Syro.

Doodz, but can you imagine?! Aphex Twin on stage doing live tweaks to a Syro mix on a system running off of the real flux capacitor, Tupac fucking freestyling over that shit, cuz he actually timed his return in kahootz with Aphex Twin, then fucking Patton on stage simultaneously, singing about how Syro and Tupac are in your fist but you can't grab it, and you look at your fist and realize he's right, and it's like BOOOOOOM!!!! Fucking Keith from Prodigy flies out from behind the fog in trashbag raver pants muthafuckin' followed by Leeroy, and you're in the audience yelling, "Ooooh, snap! I THOUGHT THAT BITCH WAS DEAD!", then all of a sudden that main dude from KWS comes out all gay from the left and from the right appears that meth'd out dude from Faithless, and they high five in the middle- and the audience is like, "Oh, snap- I can't sleep cuz I don't want you to go!-- I GET IT!!!!!", and then the whole club takes flight for a rave on the dark side of the moon, and Pink Floyd is there upon landing, but they're frozen corpses cuz it's fucking cold, then fucking Arnold Schwarzenegger busts out in his Mr. Freeze costume and is like, "Can I FREEEZE get da bass, aaaugh?!", then fucking BOOOOOM!!!!, Aphex Twin does the meanest drop of all fucking time, and it's like, "OOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" THIS IS REALTIME.

after hearing "motherfucker" at their Hyde park gig, a lot less excite now.

It's not the best thing I've heard from them; the chorus is pretty nice though. I can imagine it being a good album opener.

All of their previous albums were amazing. It'll be hard to top the Angel Dust–Album of the Year streak but cmon, it's fkn Faith No More!

They'll get the benefit of the doubt from me for sure. Just a little more apprehensive upon listening to the motherfucker track. Not feeling it. But, then again, the live recording sounded kinda shit, so it may be better with a proper mix.

I really like the drum groove and everything about the chorus on that new tune. The only part that's sort of meh is the keyboardist's spoken word parts, but I can see even that being good on the recording. This album will be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived