IGNORED

Faith No More To Release New Album After 18 Years

triachus

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this leaked, but only in a low quality format (like, sub-128kbps). I listened to the first 30 seconds of the first track and decided it's probably better to wait until it's actually released :facepalm:

Vancouver Show setlist for those heading to a show stop this tour

Motherfucker
Land of Sunshine
Caffeine
Ricochet
Evidence
Epic
Sunny Side Up (live debut)
Get Out
Midlife Crisis
Last Cup of Sorrow
The Gentle Art of Making Enemies
Easy
Cuckoo for Caca
King for a Day
Ashes to Ashes
Superhero
Encore I
Sol Invictus (live debut)
We Care a Lot
Digging the Grave
Encore II
From the Dead (live debut)

The London gigs went so quickly only for hundreds to then appear on Stubhub.

Yeah I was trying to organise this, my mate was on holiday with his bird, and the tickets were flying off the shelf. By the time he got back to me it was game over. Gutted.

Vancouver Show setlist for those heading to a show stop this tour

Motherfucker
Land of Sunshine
Caffeine
Ricochet
Evidence
Epic
Sunny Side Up (live debut)
Get Out
Midlife Crisis
Last Cup of Sorrow
The Gentle Art of Making Enemies
Easy
Cuckoo for Caca
King for a Day
Ashes to Ashes
Superhero
Encore I
Sol Invictus (live debut)
We Care a Lot
Digging the Grave
Encore II
From the Dead (live debut)

Very similar to the Seattle set list last Thursday, though we didn't get "We Care a Lot" unfortunately. They played "Mark Bowen" (from the same album) in the encore because apparently he was in the audience (former guitarist?). No second encore for us, but it was a great crowd and show overall. I was a bit disappointed not to hear more material from The Real Thing - I think we all could have done without "Epic", as it's basically the only song most people even know, and the crowd is obviously filled with hardcore fans. But it was still fun to hear. I was REALLY hoping to hear "Surprise! You're Dead!" or "Zombie Eaters" though. Hell, anything more from that album that was really neglected in the set list.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta say, I wasn't expecting much & pleasantly surprised. Pretty cohesive album.

First listen standouts for myself: sunny side up, separation anxiety, matador, from the dead

Ah, you caught 'em? Nice! I'm hoping they announce a UK tour soon. I wanna be able to see them without having to go to some festival with a 100:1 shit-to-good band ratio.

Also, the image used to accompany that Superhero video has been confirmed to be the final Sol Invictus artwork.

Yeah, I saw them at a festival, but there were other good bands playing (and they played a 1.5 hour set) so I didn't mind!

Yeah, you guys are lucky when it comes to festival line-ups. If you saw what us Brits have to put up with every year, you'd feel our pain.

lol no, we're usually strapped for good international gigs. UK/Europe being the current motherland of electronic music, there is no way you could possibly say Australia has festivals better than you guys.

Awww

So I've listened twice now, and it's already a classic for me. Nearly every song is a standout. it sounds like scarcely a year has gone by since Album of the Year, and Mike Patton's voice is stronger than ever. No surprises whatsoever, but I'm not complaining. This is right up there with their best work.

Beginning to kick myself for not getting tickets for a London show. I was sat there with tickets available to buy and ready to click. What a muppet. I know as time gets nearer I'll probably shell out for one for a hundred quid. Jeez.

Anyone here going to the Roundhouse gig? If I get a ticket I'll be going solo.

Sadly not, I was too skint when they were being sold. Saw them in Hammersmith a few years back and done a lot of drugs so it would have been nice to see them relatively straight this time.

Awww

So I've listened twice now, and it's already a classic for me. Nearly every song is a standout. it sounds like scarcely a year has gone by since Album of the Year, and Mike Patton's voice is stronger than ever. No surprises whatsoever, but I'm not complaining. This is right up there with their best work.

Yeah, I've only listened once but I'm into it. Might have to grab the vinyl version tomorrow. I'm not sure why anyone was in doubt, really.. I mean it's fkn FNM!

Still wish they used Motherfucker as the intro track though...

That song would make sense as an opener, possibly more so than the one they went with.

This album is so so good. Angel Dust is pretty hard to top, but damned if this doesn't come close.

Archived