IGNORED

Clark - Clark (Nov. 3rd 2014)

lawrenke

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't necessarily meaning the same style, but at a similar level of programming - Like the new stuff seems kinda half hearted compared to his older stuff which saw him really pushing his ideas across as intensely as possible. It seemed like he was really trying to prove his mettle, and now is just doing things kinda by numbers.

I mean don't get me wrong, I don't hate his recent output, just that it seems a little disappointed compared to what he used to be like with the depth of his sound.

yea, i mean i get that, and i can agree with it too. I'm going to hold judgement on the new stuff until i actually hear the new stuff. the live phosphor material sounded ridiculously good. i am assuming a lot of that is going to be on the new one, in which case, it will be awesome. but it won't be the 'idm' he was exploring in 2001/2002.

I personally think Clark's newer stuff sounds a lot more confident in what it wants to be. It knows where it wants to go and pulls it off perfectly (most of the time), I think. A lot of his earlier stuff could get a little gimmick-y sounding with all those crazy edits and effects.

Hopefully the conviction in the sound (as apparently was evident in the live phosphor show) will raise it from 'meh' to 'yeah!' (ugh, can't believe I typed something so cheap sounding!)

Guest trananhhung

I had a visit from a friend this weekend who lives in berlin. She went to behrgain a couple of times and if Clark is a regular there it would explain that photo. She told me the place was mental. Techno, every synthetic drug you can think of and people having sex everywhere. Sounded awesome but it can make you old quickly.

I should govthere for Christmas.

I had a visit from a friend this weekend who lives in berlin. She went to behrgain a couple of times and if Clark is a regular there it would explain that photo. She told me the place was mental. Techno, every synthetic drug you can think of and people having sex everywhere. Sounded awesome but it can make you old quickly.

I should govthere for Christmas.

i don't think he's clubbing often at least in some interviews after his move he said he almost never goes out clubbing

the promo pic is supposed to look a bit evil and twisted i guess or its really unfortunate

and mcpete i feel you i want that adventurous old clark back

I like unfurla quite a bit. I bet it's awesome in context.

that's what we said about com touch

lol, true indeed. i hope it's the song i skip rather than the song i skip to.

i mean, i wouldn't skip it if the rest was good, but if it's the high point i won't even get the album.

well, i guess i would have to get it to find out. but it might end up growing cold in some shadowy corner of my HDD. at least it will keep ETBOY and Iradelphic company.

In the time it took you to write that 3 local record shops just closed for good

Chris defiantly has the potential to make a truly great album (body riddle), and although I've rated successive releases lower I've got a good feeling on this one. At first the s/t thing was a turn off, but now it feels more like "this is my illest shit son, reckon with it!" So I eagerly await as to whether it actually delivers.

Also more 4/4 and less 6/8 pls we can hope

Guest trananhhung

People are going to hate me for this, but the best way I found to enjoy this track is to think that I'm listening to Tiesto and then marvel at how good the track is for a Tiesto track.

Sorry.

People are going to hate me for this, but the best way I found to enjoy this track is to think that I'm listening to Tiesto and then marvel at how good the track is for a Tiesto track.

Sorry.

i do this with all music imo

• 2 weeks later...

And after this video I think he's REALLY going full throttle Tiesto here:

"Yo bro, Clark's up next! I'm so pumped for his feel-good house jams! Ready to jump up and sweat with me? I know like all the words to his songs, so uplifting..."

I don't like it when an artist seems to have fun performing live. It's better when they stare angrily at their laptop for an hour and doesn't move an inch, as if what they're doing is the most frustrating and boring thing they've ever had to do.

lol for real right?

that live vid looks like an awesome time, great visuals too.

I don't like it when an artist seems to have fun performing live. It's better when they stare angrily at their laptop for an hour and doesn't move an inch, as if what they're doing is the most frustrating and boring thing they've ever had to do.

actually that's how clark seems on stage to me. he needed many years to develop a solid live show - he must feel terrible in front of people i guess.

actually that's how clark seems on stage to me. he needed many years to develop a solid live show - he must feel terrible in front of people i guess.

Yeah in that one he really has a face that mutters "oh fuck oh man what am i doing, I don't want to be here ;_;"

I'm dying to hear more of this album, you guys

yeah, i'm pretty sure they will kick out another track pretty soon to get the sales going

the boiler room is pretty sad though it gives you a good idea of clarks approach to writing music and there are some nice bits indeed

Archived