IGNORED

Clark - Clark (Nov. 3rd 2014)

lawrenke

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whaat thee heell ! Just listened to the first 6 tracks and its a fucking godzilla monster !! its like clarence park mixed with turning dragon.

If Iradelphic was a little nice boy this is his evil nightmare brother.

well it has some clarence / ceramics vibe for sure

after all i have to say: thanks clark for an amazing new lp and wonderful live shows.

as some of you know i almost lost confidence in one of my favourite artists out there

though the selftitled is not his strongest, its a coherent, wonderful, deep, engaging listen. i even like the two preview tracks now in context and better quality. i also like that he does stuff that is completly new like using some pretty obvious vst synths or slicing suff weirdly though i have to get used to that. after all, his melodies are less "in your face" melancholic, they have become more sophisticated i think.

my instant favourites are banjo, silvered iris which i def know from his shows, and the amazing, turning dragon-style theres a distance in you.

thanks for my winter soundtrack again from neukölln mr. clark and see you in december

edit: yippie i like it when i start a new page

Agreed about Unfurla and Grit sounding better in the context of the album. I'm never going to love this album, it just feels too thin and recycled, but it's a nice easy listen that feels familiar and recalls a lot of great musical moments he's given us over the years.

new for him and yeah german here

i should prob have emphasized the liking part here - what confused me was your saying you LIKED him using obvious (which i interpreted as unoriginal, boring) sounds... sounded to me like you were actually looking for reasons to like the album... maybe i'm just a hopeless skeptic though? :cerious:

doesn't have anything to do with the fact you're german btw. ich bin ja selber österreicher! :cisfor:

ps.

not sure who is more irrelevant, boring etc. clark or lone.

even if i'm a bit disappointed of clark lately, i'd like to defend him a bit. i'm sure if nobody knew his earlier stuff ppl wouldn't be nearly as critical of his later musics.

yeah i like him using preset sounding synths like in the last track because it is something clark has never done before and its fun to see how he uses these things. just a very little aspect though, don't get hung up on it.

nah, it's alright. the latest posts actually give me hope the album will be a lot better than i expect! well, one week to go for me before i'll find out!

clark used to make fantastic music. lone never did?

what is lone? (i honestly don't know which, given my watmmtm(m)-approved excellent taste in music, seems to support your point?)

Guest trananhhung

Winter linn is available for the iTunes preorders. It's pretty clear that these aren't proper tracks just jams with a four to the flour kick at different tempos. They don't have a direction. Melodies are super basic. It doesn't sound like itaclercick which is good.

Maaaan. I'll wait to hear the full Clark to weigh in, but Lone's latest is imo the best in an already pretty stellar discog. Don't want to derail this thread, but didn't you like in Reality Testing?

Guest trananhhung

Haha. Four to the flour. Love it. He really used to be a great baker now it's only about fast food. Too much flour.

Guest trananhhung

Oh and have I said fuck bibio for trolling on Syro. Syro is light years ahead everything, Clio. Winter Linn is indeed growls garden. It's so uninspired. I really used to like the game boy melodies Clark used to come up with. It's just tiring now. The good thing about these three tracks is that may sound very coherent in the context of the album. That's probably the best thing about the album: it's apparently very coherent and solid. Coherently uninspired though.

Archived