IGNORED

Aphex Twin: minipops 67 [120.2][source field mix

Joyrex

Pitchfork didn't add the track to the section best new tracks. I expect a 6.9 to Syro.

Track is lovely and I really like the fact that it's not modernised with the latest sound design tricks. Groovy acid all over. Yes! The beat work reminds me a lot of the track Do You Know Squarepusher. WHICH IS FINE.

Welcome back, Richard. Welcome.

it's because they only add on that section when they only review individual tunes/albums after a press release and the person involved do that review,

they have a curious way to work that is confusing even intramural,

but they just did haha

it's in best new track ;)

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm listening to it on a pair of unforgiving monitors, sounds really well mixed. Bass sounds really big but not overpowering. None of that ear piercing (for me) high end is there, it seems almost low passed at 15k or something.

Fun Afx fact: a friend of mine works at Symantec and wrote their anti-virus for PWSteal.Bancos.Q.

Radio 1 ??

Zane Lower ??

last night ??

first Aphex Twin dong fore 13 years between the publication of the first a formal music. ??

Hopefully this is RDJ taking the piss again, or Warp's press team need to lay off the booze.

if it was a little slower it would sound like some geogaddi BoC which aint a bad thing. great melodies in this one.

i am hoping he decides to wank off quite a bit on this album in the hopes he can find a way to top all of the crazy experimental IDM thats been coming out over the past ten years or so.

yeah the writeup is surprisingly good. i've been making the point that i think syro will have tracks that work all of AFX's "periods." i think mini pops definitely does and i expect METZ to surpass it in this regard and TO BE THE GREATEST TRACK EVER.

That writeup isn't half bad!

Aphex is getting childish, playfully psychedelic again. Unmistakable AFXian groove. Nostalgic, beautiful, chill out, classy, with a touch of his quirky smile. Only he can come up with these melodies. Much more complex and layered than Tomorrow's Harvest, that's for sure!

Archived