IGNORED

Various Artists - Tribute to Mycorrhizae

Root5

Niiiiice. Who's Embers Lucent? Tears eerywher

Thanks. I'm not a musician. Just a scientist who likes sound and does a lot of field work in remote locations. I bring an audio recorder with me because I enjoy listening back to the desolation and strange sounds of these places, which I never really get to appreciate when I'm working.

I do have a bandcamp page for my manipulated field recordings.

Also I have been placed onto these compilations as well... Rural, Regional & Remote and TEFOSAV Aggregation Project 0x0009

All are free downloads. :)

Thanks for the links!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thing I didn't finish my track- ahaha, cuz I prolly wouldn't have made the cut (with so much ambient vibez and all...).

Cuz my track was rapping about mycorrhizae, how it's the ultimate underground network, etc., in the style of 90's new jack swing, Vanilla Ice, etc. But I will use it for another project, I suppose. Cuz it's good. The theme of the literal ancient underground network is a great one, if I do say so myself! /I am a rapper.

Good thing I didn't finish my track- ahaha, cuz I prolly wouldn't have made the cut (with so much ambient vibez and all...).

Cuz my track was rapping about mycorrhizae, how it's the ultimate underground network, etc., in the style of 90's new jack swing, Vanilla Ice, etc. But I will use it for another project, I suppose. Cuz it's good. The theme of the literal ancient underground network is a great one, if I do say so myself! /I am a rapper.

Dig that! I almost recorded a rap for the Tesla comp in an overdone slavic accent, trash-talking Edison. It didn't come together at the end, but the beat was awesome.

What's a bandcamp player? Do you mean an embedded player? It should work without any donations.

Its the streaming app for viewing and playing everything you own on bandcamp, its very handy. No watmm stuff in my online collection though

What's a bandcamp player? Do you mean an embedded player? It should work without any donations.

Its the streaming app for viewing and playing everything you own on bandcamp, its very handy. No watmm stuff in my online collection though

Oh. It's annoying that free albums don't show up there. I suppose you could try donating 1 cent or something to see if that works.

Wow, this sounds really great! First time I've listened to a watmm comp, I'm really impressed.

If I give $$ through bandcamp, who/what does it go to?

All money donated goes to me. Keep in mind that I didn't write any of the tracks on this particular comp, not did I master them or do the album art. That's why I'd recommend not donating. To do this, just type a "0" in when it asks how much you'll pay.

I organized the MOST IDM bracketology, organized the judging of the tracks, determined the track listing, and selected the artist to do the album art. It's a bit of work that takes some time, especially during the MOST IDM bracketology. For example, this year there were 350 nominated topics. But I don't think it's anything that deserves financial compensation. It's more of a passion project.

You could always accept donations, then donate it all on to the watmm hosting

Well I've received the odd donation, and those go towards my WATMM membership which I need to do the bracketology, so it already sort of works that way.

The first track reminds me of ovuca's "afternoon girl", which is one of my favorite tracks (the first track here is excellent as well =) )

I don't really hear the resemblance, but I'm glad you dug the track! It's always interesting to me when someone else hears something in my music that I can't -I always wonder what about their own listening experience gives them that other impression that is so different from my own.

Also, my usual watmm comp inquiry: which watmm user matches up with which artist name? I know a handful, but as usual there are several which remain a mystery.

The first track reminds me of ovuca's "afternoon girl", which is one of my favorite tracks (the first track here is excellent as well =) )

I don't really hear the resemblance, but I'm glad you dug the track! It's always interesting to me when someone else hears something in my music that I can't -I always wonder what about their own listening experience gives them that other impression that is so different from my own.

Also, my usual watmm comp inquiry: which watmm user matches up with which artist name? I know a handful, but as usual there are several which remain a mystery.

I think your track is really exceptional! Now that my donation question was answered, I'll go donate; it's worth it for me just for your track =)

The resemblance is to the middle section of your track, a few of the layers are similar between each of the tunes (though there are mismatched layers as well). It's not a striking connection but yours is the only track I've ever heard that gave me any connection to that ovuca track (which, as I said, I love, thus it sticks in my head...).

Archived