IGNORED

spl47 on upcoming "Touched II" compilation

MarcinKoczot

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given murphy's a hundred times stated preferences, that was a compliment to ae. It means it does nothing in that spectrum which he's looking into. I don't want to say that he's into crap, but i sometimes wonder why he's in this music at all, if you want composition and melody it's out there for centuries to explore.

I do hope you're not saying composition and melody are not important in the IDMs cuz it sure sounds like that's what you're saying!

Ever thought why there was always a differentiation between composition as in academic piece, a song and a track as in techno (mechanically repetitive patterns). Track works as layers, it's structurally negative to composition, in many ways it's a denial of it. You don't ask for a narrative in Black Square. So it's either a misuse of term, or overvaluation of some very basic things which are laughable in the eyes of broad music history, a concession to the conservative inside, gnawed nostalgia for the song structure. So yes, it's not important.

Cuckoo clock sound is hilarious. Why did it take me like 10 listens to notice?

No shit, I thought I was going mad as my cuckoo clock was stationary when I heard it........

Love the track. When is the next one!!!

another head melter from autechre, well worth a £1, no-one else making music like this, how can they be so far ahead when EVERYBODY HAS THE TECHNOLOGY?

oh, it's easy...

huge musical talent and creativity + highQ + specific personality traits + huge knowledge about synthesis and processing of sounds + 18 yrs of max programming + lots of spare time + serious dedication + ...

Yeah, CAP IV inside... Need some listens, sounds a bit average after a first listen. That Oberman track is very good.

Oh that Bandcamp. I bought the album - is there no way for an individual track download? I'm logged in...

I want to only download a few tracks as flac files (rest in a compressed format) and not download the whole 17 GB beast.

Big News!!!!!!!!

Touched will be down to 254 Tracks For a Few Hours As One Of The Tracks Has Been REMOVED On Request Of The Label, It Will Be Replaced Later Today By Something Out OF This WOURLD!!! More News Soon............

murphythecat8's Top (in order) electro: Kettel, Aphex Twin, Proem, Secede, Ochre, Wisp, Autechre

for me, at this point, I find every autechre track alike and find them,for the most part, fucking boring.

but I adore a lot of new artist that you can find on touched. no, I say a lot and its a lie. I agree with xox, most of the new scene just plain suck. They excell at percussion and sound fx, no doubt, but the quality of the melodies are pathetic. im sorry folk, but ceephax, dmx crew, they all suck at melodies. its terrible. this is how i feel. most of the new stuff is terrible melodically wise. its just plain cliché most of the time

I doubt xox even listened to 10 track of the new touched 2 before stating his ''opinion''.

:derp: what

I really havent liked much of their new output. for me, ae is interesting and amazing up until draft. quaristice is the limit.

but yeah, I should have kept my mouth shut. negativity only brings more negativity.

So I see you are into composition. Do you enjoy "1 1 is" and "Osla for n"? Because I am into composition too and I consider those two tracks to be exceptionally well composed. Have you heard them?

I also agree with you that most of the IDM is boring and full of cliché.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Could be awesome to sneak in some recent ae's max externals etc to see how they did that superartifical-but-analogue-sounding squelchy resonance filter models morphing into dense delays and comb filtering. Noticed this in Utrecht also.

Could be awesome to sneak in some recent ae's max externals etc to see how they did that superartifical-but-analogue-sounding squelchy resonance filter models morphing into dense delays and comb filtering. Noticed this in Utrecht also.

Those are definitely a highlight, i think they pulled those on ClnChr (Move of ten bonus track), too... Overall this track is a bit of a mixed bag to me. I dig the developement up to a certain point but towards the end it gets just a tad too goofy for me. Prefer spl9, solid nontheless.

• 6 months later...

Archived