IGNORED

Health Goth (post-normcore?)

gmanyo

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

q: is there a way to be anti-ethos without that becoming an ethos unto itself, or do i basically just ignore it

You basically just ignore it. And stop thinking about it entirely.

are we really post normcore already? wasnt that the new style about three months ago? remind me again why this is a thing that people buy into and look sad about?

Normcore will never die!

are we really post normcore already? wasnt that the new style about three months ago? remind me again why this is a thing that people buy into and look sad about?

Normcore will never die!

I just put that in the title so people would actually look at the thread. I don't think anyone but me has called it post-normcore, although it definitely has normcore elements.

At least they're bringing back the word goth, yay. I mean they might be trying to shoehorn it into some phoney marketing campaign of a subculture of goth, but at least it's not what you would think that it would have been in the normal linguistic progression of things, Health-Emo. Gah, screw you the word emo.

Perhaps all that cutting ruined emo's marketability with the corporate types and it's so recent that it carries little cache with those wanting to be hip and future, and so they dug back and picked up a word with no real associations for this generation beyond being some cool thing from deep time, so they could manipulate it into whatever shape they wanted.

Looking forward to goth tie week for cancer, and goth texas BBQ challenge.

I don't think that big name companies like Nike or Adidas really even know about this, and I'm guessing most people buy shit from thrift stores. It's all about "high speed" and "performance" wear, just another internet post-post-ironic reference fad. It's been awhile coming tbh; misappropriated corporate futuristic logos (Nike, Monster Energy, etc) have been a thing for awhile, this just has a bit more direction.

yeah, like, the prototypes have been out for a while, but now we are seeing them in the wild.

a style i've been testing is a mix of the dystopian nomad look and the health goth look. i'll find an example. searching...

edit: found

Laur-10.jpg

sort of like the royal guard of the FACECORP mega conglomerate, or more accurately, one of it's wasteland outposts.

Archived