IGNORED

Health Goth (post-normcore?)

gmanyo

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just made up carefully designed two new stylish, edgy future fashion genres: unhealthypunk and post-urban skincancer

the clothes matching those styles haven't been vaguely slapped together carefully designed yet

Only thing new about it is the label. People have been dressing like that for a while.

Yeah, I've been wearing black sports/outdoors clothes for a few years now. Also haven't Autechre been dressing like this for some time now..

autechre18.jpg

Proper trainers hit high fashion like 1 or 2 seasons ago, but still going strong. I quite like it as I made the move unintentionally back to them after wearing my feet out on boots. (seriously fuck anything that doesn't have a giant comfortable sole with good cushion) Although, the trainers I really want are too expensive though. Also, although succinct "Health Goth" is a pretty funny name.

Been wanting these for like a year now. But yea, if you buy margiela, givenchy, some valentino, or go looking for boutiques you can get there high end wise a couple years ago. Nice to see that the future is actually here though.

41476M050009_3.jpg

I did pick these up during the huge sales last year though.

078445.jpg

But this type of fashion has been done in new york for a while in slight variations. Oaknyc.com practically made their business on it. It's just taking the long running active wear trend (thank kanye) and adding the neo rave/cyber punk/club kid aesthetic with a touch of normcore depending on the person.

I guess I'll just add cool shit to the thread that I think fits the aesthetic since I enjoy window shopping.

These have less of the normcore/thrift aesthetic because it's all high fashion stuff, but if you mix this with some of your bargain bin shit, and then a little bit of hyper functional gear you'll be right there. vvvvvv Huge ass spoiler btw.

42168M050017_2.jpg

42417F109002_1.jpg

ecomm2.27ii68934.jpg

42188F118001_4.jpg

6.17_flat-021-edit.jpg

jul_17_2014_flat_21-edit.jpg

42442M031001_1.jpg

42114M030001_2.jpg

3o6a9627-18.jpg

3.28.11mens81265.jpg

42148M032005_1.jpg

jun_02_2014_webitorial_17-edit.jpg

3o6a9102-9.jpg

42129M029005_1.jpg

42126M045003_1.jpg

42444M045001_1.jpg

42259M137001_1.jpg

mensecomm09.26.131617.jpg

42444M012005_1.jpg

41525M013001_1.jpg

img_8089-181.jpg

3o6a9345-1-2.jpg

42138M050004_3.jpg

These might have too much brown but I quite like the color blocking.

Givenchy-FW-2013-High-Top-09.jpg

I was salivating over these last season.

42259M050019_3.jpg3o6a9837-52_1.jpg42593M050012_1.jpg42387M050004_3.jpg41476M050008_1.jpg42368M142001_1.jpg

42559M004005_1.jpg42190M011001_1.jpg3.03_flats72593_1.jpg42343M004001_1.jpg42001M004001_3.jpg

4.15_flat87215-edit.jpg

42381M013001_1.jpg42168M016004_1.jpg

flat_8.15-027-edit.jpg

42381M013009_1.jpg

When I was in Tokyo in march, there were steam/goth/ninja people. Not a lot of them, but some. One girl in particular had the desert lurker sunglasses and sat in starbucks with much disdain.

The most legit person I meet in japan tho was the barista at Chatei Hatou. He was a total master, and had that young, ageless kind of look. Very simply dressed, but with an aura of deep style to him.

¥800 for drip coffee, ¥500 for a piece of earl grey chiffon cake. In total, one of the best experiences I have had anywhere. That barista was the type of character who could fight with one hand behind his back and things would be over without him breaking a sweat.

and fwiw, these "movements" are simply what happens when tumblr uses itself as a self-referential tool for deciding what's current and hip, as if 1000 people dressing in a vaguely similar cosmetic (read: superficial) way constitutes some sort of social stance. the intellectual posturing always seems to come after the fact, just as it does in ridiculous music micro-genres. in short none of this is legitimately real outside of the bubbles of narcissistic goombas that create it, and it's painful to watch people identify themselves by their desire to be transcending their own labels

But you guys are like buddies now, i saw it in the other thread, i ain't touching shit. Plus it's like a moderator faux pas to fuck with pplz posts for your amusement, i ain't crossing that line to the dark side.

im acid-post-sawyer fwiw, can't stand these health goth posers

@shea: good luck finding an ascetic community that absorbs aesthetic accelerationist vaporwaver christian fashionista fracker culture btw, all the best bro

and fwiw, these "movements" are simply what happens when tumblr uses itself as a self-referential tool for deciding what's current and hip, as if 1000 people dressing in a vaguely similar cosmetic (read: superficial) way constitutes some sort of social stance.

y'know i've always wondered where these subcultures actually exist, like "hmm this stuff must be thriving somewhere more hipster than wherever I'm currently at, because it sure ain't here". But now it seems clear these things mostly just exist on the internet

i stand by some parts of vaporwave being really interesting, conceptually, even if a lot of the aesthetic/output itself did absolutely nothing for me

also that black cheeseburger looks good

#blackburger

def: rejection of la malbouffe, decidedly anti-american, totally phresh pharmers market antecedent to anything sold by a company bigger than a tokyoian coffee shop, where legitimacy stops alongside the ability to stop a fight and grow truly independent beards

also i don't think there's anything inherently wrong with kids on the internet making up movements for themselves. It's kinda goofy but hey whatever helps dudes deal with the madness of life

some would argue that stuff like this dilutes the potency of actual youth movements, but hey that's not true! Just look at how effective Occupy Wall Street has been at changing global politics

wait no don't

#porkupywallstreet

it did plant a seed for change, though the crowd was mostly made up of 20-something in an existentialist crisis, and deciding to lash out on a system they are the product of, and which they don't like cuz they're not at the top of the pyramid: every revolutionary is an aristocrat in disguise.

Not saying that the system as it is has some severe flaws, but aw well, back to normcore

I really do not fucking mind at all in which ways people dress; i've always felt most comfortable in what feels good, and it sure as hell isn't a suit and a tie (though i understand the appeal and appreciate its armour like functions). Can't we just get over this? Realize that the other person is you, and that what you see in him or her is a reflection of your own world stance?

Archived