IGNORED

Air Finally!

Dpek

I actually smiled irl at how you started off with that choir sample, only to have it immediately waylaid by the zany percussion. The track has a very free-spirited structure, as if it were more interested in exploring a bunch of vaguely-related ideas for a few seconds at a time, rather than building up some unified theme. This might have been a detriment, were it not for your unique sound palette (i remember some of your other tracks having unique sounds in them too?)

Kindaaaa reminds me of R+7, but not thematically or even in terms of specific tones used. More just in the sense of constantly wandering off wherever the sound takes you. But where R+7 evoked big philisophic ideas & shiz, your track feels more like a laid-back weekend jam session with friends.

:)

I guess the track is a bit disoriented, but the phrase "Air finally!" comes just from this - it was a long time since I felt so free to do whatever the heck i wanted with a track. It came together very quickly, in about 2 days, and it was a great experience. Thanks for all the feedback!

And I think you can download it directly from the Dropbox player - try right click.

it was a long time since I felt so free to do whatever the heck i wanted with a track

yeah that's a rly good feeling - the realization that you can explore whatever area you want with yer art, that you aren't obligated to follow any stylistic rules. Sometimes the results of that can be wild, but more often than not that's where the real interesting ideas start to come out

• 1 month later...

into the first half, don't like where it went so much, my brain kind of turned off then later got irritated, but i was curious and had empathy for it as it was building up. "oh it's not gonna make it, that's a bit disjointed, oh, oh, oh he pulled it off, the melody came together, right where are we off to now." etc.

nwae.

Guest skytree

Quite like this man! Hope you don't mind the comparison, but in WATMM-world this is up there with Orange Dust, plus a bit of Clark-ish elements mixed in on their own terms. Feels done to me.

I've been a fan of your music for years now, and this delivers. It's got the Dpek-ness required for my liking = Sick beats, captivating melodies, epic transitions. Great work fella!

wow, kick drum is huge, love the melody and the reverb cuts and rhythm changes are so top quality, that musicbox sound is really cool and the synth parts that come in out are really awesome, the stop starts and the beat repeat is amazing, excellent lead-in tight triplet rhythms this is one of the best ive heard yet!!

Archived