IGNORED

Apple - iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, and Apple WATCH

Joyrex

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those drop and solidity test are irrelevant to me, i'm not supposed to drop my phone, i'm still having my 4s and not a single scratch,

bough it when i dropped on the floor my 3s 2 years ago.

the only thing i can complain it the fact that iOS can't be updated innit since my iPhone isn't adapted anymore,

this is a shame, how on earth something that i own could become obsolete by the will of its constructor only with the purpose to make me buy a new one ?

i love Apple, i got 2 iMacs, one iPad, and 2 iPhones at home, plus tiny accessories everywhere,

but their policy of consuming is bad, they oblige you for many things,

i hate that,

but functionally i never had this pleasure with any android or PC

Most Android manufacturers are even worse about this, you may not get any updates at all. At best you get get ~ 18 months of them if you buy a Nexus device.

Most Android manufacturers are even worse about this, you may not get any updates at all. At best you get get ~ 18 months of them if you buy a Nexus device.

It's not the manufacturers, it's the service providers/carriers - and even when you first get them they're bloated up the arse with their junk software, provide OTA updates about a year after Google release them and that's even if they do at all

So root, and flash Cyanogenmod on them and keep updating/use them for much longer! Had this s3 for two years now, rocking Android 4.4.4 and still have no interest in getting a new handset (Mmm 4 days battery life ! *) - If I was stuck with the version of Android as supplied by the phone shop I'd be stuck with a buggy, slow and bloated version of [a usually fine] 4.2 that the carrier managed to completely break, for the rest of the phones life.

* 4 days 4 hours 45 mins, still with 4% life left to be precise:

Bm_Ii-2CEAEr3JK.png

I guess that's the benefits of the relatively closed system of ios, it gives less chances for the phone company to get their claws on it and fuck it up!

Yes, thankfully Apple hasn't allowed third parties to push their apps to stock iOS... yet

*glares at U2 album*

• 4 weeks later...

get a 6 plus, you'll thanks meh ;-]

It it worth 100 extra? I was going for the 64 GB instead of plus with 16 GB. iPhone plus 64 GB is a bit expensive for my taste

Just get an android phone with a 64gig microsd card - You'll be able to do the same stuff at a fraction of the price

I bought around 800 Apps for iPhone / iPad in the past + my whole family and company infrastructure is on mac. Android is not an option (even so I have developed 4 apps for it myself)

the plus is an higher spec phone, better camera tech, etc. It's the actual new iphone basically. It's pretty light in the hand and doesn't feel too big, my brother has one.

the only difference between the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus camera is optical image stabilization the rest is completely identical.

all other specs beside the form factor and battery are identical too: http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

yeah well, remember that i've got in my head all the propaganda that my brother was giving me why he needed to get the plus. haha (still didn't explain why he needed to line up for it on release day !! Then again, it meant that he could get one and doesn't have to post maps on watmm with accompanying post lamented it's lack of availability). Personally the bigger screen is a pretty compelling reason plus the optical image stabilization. The amount of photos i take on my phone, i could use that. But i'm in the android ecosystem so don't really care about iphones. Although i'm still going to get an ipad, for the reasons i wrote before.

the plus is an higher spec phone, better camera tech, etc. It's the actual new iphone basically. It's pretty light in the hand and doesn't feel too big, my brother has one.

the only difference between the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus camera is optical image stabilization the rest is completely identical.

all other specs beside the form factor and battery are identical too: http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

And the screen on the 6 Plus is 1080P, whereas the 6 is slightly higher resolution than the 5/5S. I have a 6 Plus and I can tell you it makes a difference in apps that are designed for it (more and more are being updated). The battery is also higher capacity in the 6 Plus (I find only having to charge mine about every 3-4 days, which is amazing for an iPhone - and that's with video watching, music playing, internet, apps, etc. The only things I have found that really sap the battery (of any iPhone) is my Logitec Harmony app and Apple Maps or Google Maps.

I got the standard space grey 6 with 128 GB -- it's basically doing double duty as a replacement for my old high capacity iPod. In that respect, the sound quality (with good headphones) is quite a bit better. Actual phone call quality is also a huge improvement over my old 4S, but maybe that's just the leap to LTE, since I skipped the last two generations of smartphones.

The 6 Plus is really gigantic. I know tons of people love that, and the screen is very nice looking, but it's too beaucoup for me. The standard 6 feels perfect in the hand to me, more so than I expected. It's plenty big in its own right, but it sits nicely in the palm.

Also grabbed mine maybe 10 days after launch at the Glendale Galleria Apple Store -- must have been the sweet spot in timing, because while there was a line-up zone outside the store, it was really just an employee checking availability and then calling on a salesperson inside to come out for each person in line. The waiting process took maybe 2 minutes, and the guy walked me into the store, had the phone pulled, checked out my old 4S and offered me credit to trade it in (they gave me the full trade-in credit even though mine was fairly beaten up), cleared the new phone on my ATT account, and synced contacts, etc. Whole process took maybe 20 minutes, with the old phone appraisal being the longest wait. Pretty good shopping experience, actually.

So far it's been a very good phone. My only real criticism is the lock screen button is on the right hand side, which would be fine except that if you hit the button while gripping the phone normally, it's pretty easy to mash the volume controls with your palm (or fingers, depending on grip) on the opposite side of the phone. Requires a minimal adjustment in grip over what I'm used to.

posted form my gold iPad air 2 128 gig using apple's shitty keyboard where the letters are always capitalised and it's not letting me place the cursor inside a word to correct spelling

Other things I've noticed, when on a webpage it doesn't let me select txt starting from one word and expanding out. When I created a folder on the desktop to dump a bunch of ap links into the folder created isn't full size but some tiny arse mini folder, so with dozens of music apps from my brother its not neat and tidy. Everything on the desktop is in a grid so dumping stuff into the folder from all directions was like firing at a moving target, and you mean to tell me that I cant just place icons where I want WTF !! And the the grid could at least then be alphabetised whilst they're nanny stating my tablet experience so all the stuff I shoved into that tiny folder isnt in a giant pages long mess.

Android really is a superior operating system from a user interface perspective. I mean no fucking back button !! This has caused palpitations a few times already when I've accidental opened a link that I didn't want to, back button is instant cancel that fucking thing relief you know.

nwae, I got this for the low latency music aps and the fact that my brother had a lot of them and mainly cause I want to sketch on it. Plus I've realised that it need a slip case and a screen cover (maybe). Not quite sure which stylus to buy yet, the one that didn't have reviews shitting on it won't work with artrage. I did want to use the painter ap though but thought I might try artrage out cause it's cheap and generally well received.

I do like the thumb thing to unlock though. But I must say that the family sharing thing turned out to be a crock. It will let you download aps, like say imaginefx, but then won't let you have free access to the magazines themselves, which if my brother had bought physically I would be able to read. It's the same with the music aps, all the unlocked functionality is not there. So I'm just using his iTunes account, which is probably what families were already doing, and why they created this phoney solution.

posted form my gold iPad air 2 128 gig using apple's shitty keyboard where the letters are always capitalised and it's not letting me place the cursor inside a word to correct spelling

If you touch and wait a magnifying "loupe" will appear and you can move the cursor where you want.

Thankssssssss

Hey I just noticed that in the quick reply I cant see the smilies, was going to do some lovehearty type dealeeoe. Just used your suggestion to separate two words I'd mashed together posting this. After I used it though when I tried to move the cursor back to the end of the line by tapping there, it wouldn't let me !! Kept highlighting the word dealeeoe, had to press back in the browser then forward again to get out of that state, maybe I'll download chrome or Firefox for ios, wanted to try Safari out for a bit though.

Archived