IGNORED

Unique percussion sample libraries

Brisbot

Okay, so I've been wanting to get into making high quality percussion stuff that focuses on melody such as Nannou by Aphex or say... Biophilia by Bjork or that really cool artists that released on Rephlex that one time who's name I can't remember and has been bothering me.. you know the guy who builds machines and makes tracks with them...

Anyway, anyone know some good well recorded(in your opinion) percussion libraries to check out? It can be anything really, such as bells or taps against metal or anything or a xylophone, as long as it's good. Paid or not. I want to start building my own.

I seem to recall that Twisted Tools has had some sample packs with some foley and real sound type stuff in there but they may have turned them into more sci-fi/robotic rather than organic... you can probably check them out.

Also, another approach would be to delve into the world of physical modelling to create your own and they'll play chromatically easily also..... in fact, i'm surprised JohnE not been in here suggesting that approach. A couple of ideal softsynths would be AAS Chrompahone and NI's Prism (you can also get the freebie cut down version MikroPrism from their website).

Archived